cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic , antique tobacco tins , listing removed with ZERO notice

E Bay notified me that my item an ( antique ) tobacco tin is removed and I will not be able to relist .. with no warning of course .. Selling some of my tobacco tin collection , most are about hundred years old .. They are empty of course !  The order of business would be to ask if I would add words equating to empty , or there is no tobacco in tins .. There were unkind words in the E bay email as well , not nice !  Doesn't surprise me I guess , idiots at the helm !

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What kind of unkind words?

Below is the policy on selling tobacco products. It states that vintage or collectible packaging is exempt from eBay’s tobacco ban. So your listing removal seems to be an error.

That said, i would not try to relist it. It is too risky that they might remove it again, and impose a stiffer penalty on top of it, such as a temporary restriction of your selling privileges. It’s been known to happen.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/tobacco-ecigarettes-policy?id=4273

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@darwen8 wrote:

There were unkind words in the E bay email as well , not nice !  Doesn't surprise me I guess , idiots at the helm !

What exactly were the unkind words?

Were they more unkind that calling people "idiots"? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Did the tin have racist images? Was it fake/replica? What category was it listed in? There are many reasons a listing can be pulled. I admit some are silly, some just a result of a changing time. 

Anyway, a lot more info is needed to have a real opinion...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply