cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial refund not working for me

How do I issue a partial refund.  On my drop down these are my only choices and it doesn’t give me a percentage to do 

slbrarevintage4u_0-1637269302825.jpeg

Thanks, 

Slbrarevintage4u

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The partial refund won't be available to you... only to sellers offering Free Returns or TRS sellers with 30-Day (or better) Returns have that ability.

I'd suggest that you revisit your Returns policy for just such an event. Good luck going forward.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I can't remember if the option to deduct is there when you select 'issue refund', or if you have to  select 'report this buyer'. Either way, the buyer needs to be reported to access the partial option.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@slbrarevintage4u 

You can only issue a partial refund (I suppose this is for the Barbie) if your listing was posted as offering  "free returns."  Yours was a 'no returns' listing, so you can't.   Your choice is full refund only.  If you refuse, eBay will give the full refund from your proceeds anyway and award you a "case without seller resolution" defect.  

It doesn't matter if you get it back in worse condition, or a brick in the box instead.  You are required to refund regardless. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

You can only issue a partial refund (I suppose this is for the Barbie) if your listing was posted as offering  "free returns."  Yours was a 'no returns' listing, so you can't.   Your choice is full refund only. 

Good catch. I didn't even look at their account. No returns and no TRS means they're out of luck.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The partial refund won't be available to you... only to sellers offering Free Returns or TRS sellers with 30-Day (or better) Returns have that ability.

I'd suggest that you revisit your Returns policy for just such an event. Good luck going forward.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply