cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I"M STUCK IN GROUNDHOG DAY!

I'd love to hear any ideas on how I can solve this issue.

I essence, my account was restricted 9 days ago for some unknown reason.  I've been a loyal eBay customer for over 22 years and have 100% feeback with a rating of 560.  I'm just a regular user and not a "store" per se. 

On the morning of December 30th, Ebay sent an "MC011" email notifying me that my account has been restricted and requesting proof of delivery of items that I recently sold.  The email was from "customerhelp@ebay.com" and the very same email requested that I "reply to this email".  I immediately replied (within minutes) and referred them to their very own system which contains all of the tracking data since I purchase all shipping labels through ebay.  I also provided a screenshots of same just to be sure.   

The first "issue" was that I immediately received a response from "donotreply@ebay.com" indicating that: 

"Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, this address doesn’t accept incoming email so you won’t receive a response. You can get help with your issue at www.ebay.com/help/home. You’ll find details on how to contact us there too".  The email that they list is the generic webpage.  

I immediately called back that morning spoke to their "Trust & Safety" Dept. which told me not to worry and confirmed reciept of my reply.  They further indicated that it would take 24-72 hours to remove the restriction from my account.

It's been 9 days and I've been calling every day for the past week and seem to be stuck in "Groundhog Day".  I call the first agents from "payments" who tells me that they can't do anything and they need to transfer me to "Trust & Safety" or "Account Restrictions".   I get transferred and they ALL HAVE CONFIRMED receipt of the email with the requested information and that "it should be another 24 hours" to get it resolved.  What is more infuriating is that THEY can't do anything and defer to this super secret "Backoffice" team that seems to have the unilateral power to remove restrictions.  They also indicate that they cannot directly reach anyone in this "Backoffice" and everytime I ask for a supervisor in their department, no one is ever availabe.

I can't believe that eBay customer service has gotten this bad!   I feel helpless!!!  

They have been holding a significant payout and won't allow me to sell any items.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?  ANY EMAILS OR DIRECT NUMBERS TO SOMEONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY HELP ?

Thanks in advance!  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I"M STUCK IN GROUNDHOG DAY!

The first thing you should be aware of is that the eBay call in customer support is virtually useless these days and they will tell you anything to get you off the phone whether it is accurate or not. I have always found this to be one of the most ludicrous reasons for account suspensions if the seller has in fact uploaded all the tracking information into each order. EBay has access to the tracking information just like any individual that has the tracking number. 

About the only suggestion I have is to contact eBay through the Facebook connection. These individuals seem to know what they are doing and have the power and authority to take action. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply