cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 80 millions buyer eBay??? Where are they??? NOT ONE sale for a month now and counting.

Hey eBay...How many of the over 80 million eBay buyers are actually buyers in the USA? It's been a month and I have not sold even one antique or collectible. Over the past couple of weeks I added a bunch of great additions, but only added hundreds of more views and loads of added watchers, but no sales. I use to have a sell through rate of over 40% on avg. Now it didn't even register at all. Not even a 1% level.

One item I just listed has over 200 views and 13 watchers in a few days time in a high buying sub category. What's up with that eBay? Do you have my listings disabled? I have had to stop buying on eBay myself due to the numerous listings that I have tried to purchase, yet the BIN, checkout, etc...buttons would be either greyed out or not functioning correctly.

Could this also be the reason why over the last two months the eBay phone lines have gone from a 1 min hold time to about 1 hour. I find that odd in itself since eBay just opened a number of call centers along the east coast, Mich, and Mo, to name a few. 

I couldn't even maintain my TRSP status, because I recently dropped below the 100 items per year mark and in the past month that number has dropped too 71. Next month it will drop even more at this rate. All I can say about that is that "Where not in Kansas anymore Toto". Something really bad is going on with my accounts and many other sellers. 

I am so glad that I don't rely on eBay for my income, or I would be on the street due to the lack of any sales this year with 4 active accounts and over 1000 listings. In the past eBay has always been mad money for me, but now it isn't even producing enough for me to buy a movie ticket to the show.

Word of mouth is the best advertising they say. Will eBay...every year you give use small sellers less an less to brag about when it comes to our success at eBay. You just give us more gasoline to throw on a bad fire. Hopefully the board of directors will one day see this as a major problem and get past being complacent, and right the ship. Us bilge rats just may make your competition the new eBay in less time than you think if we all start jumping ship in droves. BTW...Your most hated competitor is now expanding in the antique and collectibles market.

This slow squeeze that your putting on us with your seller unfriendly algorithms and policies, is going to leave you with nothing left in your hands when you finally open them up. Many of us know that you don't want us selling here as we are not large sellers, that sell new product only, but that was what eBay was founded on. You forget eBay roots and it's first sale of a BROKEN laser pointer. NOT a new one. Think about that as you count the multi-million dollar paychecks that WE made for you. Because without us there is no eBay, and no PAYCHECK. 

Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

Over 80 millions buyer eBay??? Where are they??? NOT ONE sale for a month now and counting.

@cherry*fizz wrote:

There are people here who would love to have 200 views on their listings. They are getting 0. So you are being seen, as pointed out. Perhaps its just a slow time, or you need to switch up your listings. Have you checked to see if other things like your items are selling? 

When I get that many views and watchers on an item that has a huge sell through rate and a low listing ratio, the red flags go up and I begin questioning what the problem is. I make sure that any problem on my end is corrected. I have no control over anything happening on eBay's end except in some cases to just end the listing and relist it. I try to avoid doing that though. 

I've even had sellers contact me on other items, to let me know that the BIN, checkout, and add to cart were not working in my listings that they were trying to buy, and that eBay reps were of no help. These buyers get fed up with all the glitches and get tried of wasting their time, and leave eBay for other venues. 

Message 31 of 183
latest reply

Thats a big falsehood and i for one want to set that straight. While americans are being fleeced for fees, its because the opportunity is here and he can do it.

I cant mention a name because that is considered disrespectful, but money was never ever a motivating factor. This person wants to rule the world. This person wants to see bezos on his knees. This is not a healthy person. Not sane.

He's said repeatedly that his investors are more than willing to forego gain, to win next year. What gain would that be? Where? India?

Ebays statistics emphasize amount of sales, not revenue. He's gonna get a lot of ninety-nine cent sales out of India. Might even break a record. Then bezos will have to notice him.

I think someone else will pull off this bandage and I suspect that someone will do it in an official capacity.

Message 32 of 183
latest reply

@auctionpet wrote:
If you have over 200 views and 13 watchers on an item in a short time, it's not about visibility, it's about price.

I'm priced in the middle of the avg of sold items. There are several outliers that I don't count because they sold way to high.  If I counted them I would have to add several hundred more to the item to be in the middle. To realize that price I would have to sit on the item for a long time probably.

Message 33 of 183
latest reply

@siayan wrote:

You had a sale on June 3. 

My last sale was the beginning of last month.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/timemachine777/m.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

For a grand total of 7 in the past 90 days from 5 unique buyers.

Message 34 of 183
latest reply

Your priced at the bottom of the best,but it belongs priced at the top of the good $150.00 to $175.00 range. The big hitters aren't going to spend the amount you want because the condition doesn't justify the asking price....

Message 35 of 183
latest reply

I think we covering pricing and condition bases about 90 days ago.....

Message 36 of 183
latest reply

@timemachine777 wrote:

@siayan wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/timemachine777/m.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

You have other accounts. 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 37 of 183
latest reply

Youre talking to yourself and were just listening in.

Bubbleman2010, to your credit you're an American and not a posting id, but you have no business criticising someone else's asking price. I saw your prices.

When you get $200 for that thing, or anything, I'll publicly take it all back.
Message 38 of 183
latest reply

@slideshopper wrote:

I noticed one of your items will need a complate new title to sell. It is the hour glass Decanter. It is a KLUK Kluk by Holmegaard. Fill it up and slowly pour it out, then you will know why it is called a kluk kluk

Funny you should say that. I tried that title along with the Star Trek title also. Mine just kept getting passed up. I had that on eBay for so long that I even won a bet that it wouldn't sale back when I had an eBay store an hit it with a 30 day 50% off sale ( with the KLUK title ). No takers while others priced way higher sold during the sale. I did end up with a free Chinese food lunch though.  

Message 39 of 183
latest reply

I only try and charge what the market will bear my pricing depends on my mood and all items have the make a offer feature I realize there are no luggage racks on hearse...

Message 40 of 183
latest reply

Its good for a chuckle....  352324107489

Message 41 of 183
latest reply

@luckythewinner

@luckythewinner wrote:

@timemachine777 wrote:

One item I just listed has over 200 views and 13 watchers in a few days time in a high buying sub category. What's up with that eBay? Do you have my listings disabled?

If it has 200 views and 13 watchers, then clearly it is visible.  

And I have not read any reports that the Buy button is broken, so I don't think that this listing has been "disabled".  

I have also not read any reports that eBay is putting up warning messages or flashing lights telling buyers not to buy.  

So if eBay is "doing something" to this listing, what do you suppose it might be?

I occasionally have one of those items that gets lots of views and many watchers ... if it does not sell on a cycle or two (I like Auctions) I raise the price ... and yes, sometimes it sells.  But on all the items like that where I raised the price I have never gotten a message from anyone (assuming it would be a Watcher) asking me why I did that ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 42 of 183
latest reply

Can't get any sales to foreigners like in the past..shipping costs too high

Message 43 of 183
latest reply

@siayan wrote:

@timemachine777 wrote:

@siayan wrote:

You have other accounts. 

Yeah, Junk accounts. I'm not talking about selling a few dollar PB here or there, or some what nots, No offence to book sellers.  Yeah I get junk sales here and there, But even those fell off the cliff over night on Jan 1st 2018. 

I'm an open book. I have nothing to hide. I'm post all the Sales graphs for those accounts on this thread also. I just did it with this account on someone elses thread the other day. It's a real eye opener. I went from an over 40% monthly sell through rate avg to less than 1% now. Since I only have this problem on eBay, I see it as an eBay problem that is exclusive to eBay. 

See message 42

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Throttling-to-be-or-not-to-be/td-p/28542841/page/3

Message 44 of 183
latest reply

No such item. Gee that was fun.
Message 45 of 183
latest reply