cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a paypal claim once ebays closed ???

Hi

I sold a item ..99p no reserve , it was a ring I stated no returns and I can't garantee anything other than it's 9ct gold.

Weeks later buyer opens a case claiming the stone is glass.

I closed it as I stated no guarantees and no returns.

Now that's closed the buyers gone via PayPal now saying it's damaged , that was not mentioned in original case on ebay, where do I stand it's obviously a chancer .

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You had better go back and check your Ebay account. If you didn't allow the buyer to return your ring then there is a very good chance Ebay took your money and gave it to your buyer. Typically when you close a case without having the buyer return the item you allow the buyer to keep it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I see you have been on the platform since 2011. Long enough to know how things work around here. I’m afraid you waded right into the deep end on this one. 

No returns does not equal no refunds. There is no such thing as No Guarantees on eBay. The whole premise of eBay’s philosophy is their Money Back Guarantee. Whatever the buyer says is gospel to eBay as they look out for the buyer’s interest first and foremost. 

Sellers cannot take the position that buyers purchase at their own risk. All the risk is squarely on the seller’s shoulders on this platform. In the future, i would urge you not to list an unresearched item. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply