cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Up a Store

When Ebay was better and I do the math now,  I used to have a store.   Is it worth it?  By looking at different options,  does anyone else have a store?   How is it?   What's the different opinions?   What does everyone sell for those that have it?   Right now I have around 82 items.  My last billing is only about $35.00, with those stupid fees because of DVD movies up.   I listed figurines up and no fees,  I know if you check the box for titles and subtitles,  they charge,  but is it worth it.  

Just wish eBay would do certain things that their competitor does.     I don't do social media, waste of time, selling on this site,  my friend has a network infrastructure where we know all about shipping so that isn't a problem.  Kind of thinking going to a mailroom and not doing the shipping buy option because eBay has Pitney Bowes.  

Just thoughts about a store,  is it worth it?   I have an idea of what my storefront will look like.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Opening Up a Store

Don't use those listing options like a sub title. They are just a waste of fees.  You don't have enough listed to make it worth getting a store unless your planning to list a lot more items.

Just use the free listings you get each month. Leave out the lowest price and clothing items if you run short of free listings.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Opening Up a Store

Well, I have a bunch of books. you think maybe 100 listings that would do? i have some more pecans to list, maybe some games, etc.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Opening Up a Store

I would pick the items I thought would have the best chance of selling and list them with your free listings. See how well they sell. Then you can invest in a store if it looks like it will work for you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Opening Up a Store

I opened up a store.   Ebay needs to update things.  It says go to my eBay,  accounts,  manage store????,   Is there a youtube video that I can look at?    Does anyone else have a store and can guide me to where I need to go?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Opening Up a Store

@phillyexpressgoods wrote:

I opened up a store.   Ebay needs to update things.  It says go to my eBay,  accounts,  manage store????,   Is there a youtube video that I can look at?    Does anyone else have a store and can guide me to where I need to go?

@phillyexpressgoods 

Boy, you don't think things over for very long! It would have been wise to check things out, but since you've already made the choice... just jump in there! I'm sure youtube has information, these boards have information and the Help pages have information. Good luck to you!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Opening Up a Store

@phillyexpressgoods wrote:

The web address and phone number you have on your storefront are not allowed.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/contact-information-sharing-policy?id=43... 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Opening Up a Store

Then how does anyone make money in a store?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply