cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One buyer, four orders, 61 items, no sign of them

Yikes.

I sold 61 items to one bidder in four total orders over the course of a week at the end of October/beginning of November.  Still waiting for them to pay - over $200 total.  The two oldest are old enough to file non payer.   I don't want to do that - this is someone who has purchased from me before and been very prompt with the payment and very happy with the items they recieved.  They've got over 800 feedback so they aren't noobs.  I've sent a message, but no answer.

I suspect something happened - illness, etc. I hope everything is OK.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

We have been on here 20 years. With pretty good luck. The only thing I never received was bubble wrap because the seller got sick and had a heart attack. As for buyers, we have had some none payers. But i would give it some time, maybe something is wrong. Usually we give buyers the benefit of the doubt for awhile.  but 61 items? yikes That is scary. good luck hope it works out for you!

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@baantiques wrote:
 ... four total orders over the course of a week at the end of October/beginning of November. ...  The two oldest are old enough to file non payer.....  I've sent a message, but no answer.....

Send them an invoice rather than just a message.  If no response within 24 hours, just file the unpaid item claims.  You can file an unpaid item claim if the buyer doesn't pay within 48 hours, so it's not clear why you think only 2 of the transactions are old enough.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Maybe he or she passed away!

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Regardless of the reason your buyer may not be responding

you need to get your final value fees refunded if they end up not paying.

If they don't respond to messages or an invoice just file the unpaid case to get your fees back.

I hope they are ok too, but if they aren't you still need to get your fees back.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@baantiques

You can log out of your account.

Without signing in go to any completed item that was sold to them in an auction with several bids.

Click on bids.

Then click on the scrambled ID to see if the account is still actively bidding/buying.

EDIT:  ie

l***7(837)$0.9931 Oct 2017 at 1:32:28PM PDT
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Get their phone number and call them, or google their name/location and see if there's an obit.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@baantiques

@clearsphere wrote:

Get their phone number and call them, or google their name/location and see if there's an obit.

Do this ^^^^ I had a buyer that died, never paid.  it happens, found his obit with google.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

And if the buyer has become living impaired, then they are not going to be troubled by 61 unpaid item cases.  The worries of the world are no longer their concern.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@yolanda562 wrote:

It always amazes me how many people here never consider this.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@clearsphere wrote:

/\/\/\/\

THIS is what I done in the past and you typically find it in the obit, especially if it's recent.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@yolanda562 wrote:

That is possible though my reaction to this idea because a buyer hasn't responded properly makes me think of the difference between here and The River.  Where buyers do not respond. Right now I have a message in to a customer about a defect I found on their book. Do they want me to send anyway or cancel? Hello? No reply and I doubt it's because they died. They just don't expect that be dealing with a person instead of a corporation.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

@yolanda562 wrote:

That is possible though my reaction to this idea because a buyer hasn't responded properly makes me think of the difference between here and The River.  Where buyers do not respond. Right now I have a message in to a customer about a defect I found on their book. Do they want me to send anyway or cancel? Hello? No reply and I doubt it's because they died. They just don't expect that be dealing with a person instead of a corporation.

ie: they just don't expect that they are dealing with a person. I can right right.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@baantiques

You can log out of your account.

Without signing in go to any completed item that was sold to them in an auction with several bids.

Click on bids.

Then click on the scrambled ID to see if the account is still actively bidding/buying.

EDIT:  ie

l***7(837)$0.9931 Oct 2017 at 1:32:28PM PDT

It doesn't show anything like that for me.  No dates or times, just "seller x" and how much time before the end of the auction that bed was placed.  I can see that this buyer has purchased a lot from other sellers, but I can't tell when.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I was trying to be understanding, I send messages, etc, giving them the benefit of the doubt, but when I saw they were getting FB on items that had sold since, I filed 61 NPB reports.

61 NPB strikes in one month I would think would get then suspended.  I dunno.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply