cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once again, Greebay shoves garbage down our throats we did not request ???

New seller page is GARBAGE.  Let your voice be heard !!!

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

The thing is, the classic selling and sold pages, at a glance,  had everything I wanted to know  about what was selling or sold:

How much, bids, # watching,  tracking numbers,  bidder ID, buyer name and ID, feedack left and received, items shipped, buyer zip code, shipping cost, etc. There was a column on the left that showed current # items bid on, total $ currently bid amount, last 60 days $ amount, links to fav sellers sold, etc.

All on one page.

And small enough so you could view 8 items at a time without needing to scroll down, unlike the big empty-white-space format that shows 4 items before needing to scroll( As a workaround on THAT I have now in the browser reduced the webpage size to 67% so it is easer to see without needing to constantly move my head from side to side to try to view what I want.)  

)EBAY SOLD PAGE CLASSIC ae.jpg 

Yesterday
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@rarediecastmusclecars     @a*river*runs*through*it 

@katz.paw                                    @qtdeb51 

@jscar59                                      @infoandy 

@Anonymous                          @magic*moonbeams 

@bubbempny 

@megatron_group 

Okay all...there is going to be the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff.  It is this Wednesday, 03.24.2021 at 1 PM PT

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Community-Chat-03-24-2021-1-00-pm-PT-General-Topics/m-p/317258...

Please pass it along to everyone - FLOOD THE CHAT WITH NON STOP COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS NEW ALL SELLING PAGE!  Let them know how user unfriendly this new format is...

Just because something "WORKS" does not mean that it works WELL. (and it does not work for us.)

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

@katz.paw wrote:

The thing is, the classic selling and sold pages, at a glance,  had everything I wanted to know  about what was selling or sold:

How much, bids, # watching,  tracking numbers,  bidder ID, buyer name and ID, feedack left and received, items shipped, buyer zip code, shipping cost, etc. There was a column on the left that showed current # items bid on, total $ currently bid amount, last 60 days $ amount, links to fav sellers sold, etc.

All on one page.

And small enough so you could view 8 items at a time without needing to scroll down, unlike the big empty-white-space format that shows 4 items before needing to scroll( As a workaround on THAT I have now in the browser reduced the webpage size to 67% so it is easer to see without needing to constantly move my head from side to side to try to view what I want.)  

)EBAY SOLD PAGE CLASSIC ae.jpg 

Yesterday
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

That's what my sold and shipped orders look like in the seller hub - same easy to read format.  I realise it may be TMI but I would advocate switching to seller hub and setting it up with your needed info up front with the 'customize' option.  I've gone back to part-time selling as my 'retirement job' and am really small time, and it still works fine.

The floaty white space and low info windows seem to be an affliction of mobile view (similar to the awful changes in the forums), but it doesn't have to be that way.  I'm on Poshmark a lot on mobile and their mobile formatting is easy to use.  I mentioned that in the comment section for new SYI format they had posted - there's no need for all of this wasted space and weird vertical curtains sliding in and out.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@hurryagain  that's where I was confused - I thought there was a transfer from the old seller page to the newer seller hub and that was it - it was discussed at some length and I recall the original seller hub being pretty rough so kept returning to the old seller page for ease of use until they refined the seller hub to usability and I was happy to transfer over. 

Yes, that is exactly what I thought had happened given that eBay has been continually saying that everyone will be transferred over to the Seller Hub eventually. I thought they'd finally forcibly moved all of the people who were still using the Classic view into Seller Hub by removing the ability to access the Classic view.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Okay all...there is going to be the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff.  It is this Wednesday, 03.24.2021 at 1 PM PT

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Community-Chat-03-24-2021-1-00-pm-PT-General-Topics/m-p/317258...

It is only open for one hour.

Please pass it along to everyone - FLOOD THE CHAT WITH NON STOP COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS NEW ALL SELLING PAGE!  Let them know how user unfriendly this new format is...

Just because something "WORKS" does not mean that it works WELL. (and it does not work for us.)

I cannot attend...gotta work at my real job...

hurryagain_0-1616554196932.png

To everyone concerned:

Remember...we are not complaining about the sellers HUB...

We are complaining about the new seller's PAGE.

Everyone:  This is an important distinction.  The seller's HUB has been around for years and it has pretty much looked the way it is from day 1.

The sellers PAGE  is the one that they just changed.  The one that you all liked b/c it had everything on one page...that is the sellers PAGE.

The seller's HUB NEVER had everything on one page...EVER.

Seller's PAGE...do not forget.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply