cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On time delivery defects? NEW POLICY?

Hey all:

I lost "top rated seller" status in one of my accounts as my "late shipment defect rate" went to 3.01%  Maximum allowable is 3%.

I ship close to 99% of my items within 1 business day....how could this possibly be?

I called customer service and was told that if the Post Office says it will take 3 days to deliver and it actually takes 4, then it is counted as a LATE DELIVERY.  Ebay automatically tracks/checks this. I had not a SINGLE customer complaint in regards to this....

I countered that I did exactly what I said and what I was supposed to do...Ebay rep countered that there are other sellers who DO NOT have a problem with this, so I should choose a faster shipping method.  I can't ship a $15 (4 ounce) item for FREE with priority shipping....It does not seem right/fair that a seller who deliveres to the post office AND has the item accepted and scanned in time, gets dinged when the post office is late delivering it!

Fast forward to today and I get an email stating:

"

• On-time shipping rate: Sellers are also required to maintain a high rate of transactions that are shipped in the time promised based on information from the buyer or carrier. Uploading tracking is key—if tracking shows an acceptance scan from the carrier within your stated handling time, we’ll recognize your shipment as on-time, regardless of when it is delivered. "

This is in DIRECT CONTRADICTION to my prior experience and decision from Ebay!

So I called customer service and they stated that the latest email was the correct policy...

OK FINE, if that is the correct policy, I NEVER SHOULD HAVE LOST TOP RATED SELLER STATUS TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!!

Further, if that is the case, will I be receiving a retroactive refund (10% of sellers fees), and then what about my dropped placement in search results?

Anybody else experience this?  

What is the correct policy/decision?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

The new policy is too stringent.  I, too, lost my "Top Rated Seller" status, through no fault of my own.  I've never had one customer complaint about a package being late.  My Feedback is 100% positive, and yet.....  now I have "dropped the ball" with a 6% late delivery rating.  Bogus !    I called eBay Customer Service twice and spent a total of about an hour an a half on the phone, trying to explain to the service reps WHY their new criteria is unfair.  But my reasoning falls on deaf ears because these reps are located in South East Asia (India?) and know nothing of our geography or postal system or what it's even like to be an eBay seller and how it is not feasible or practical to go to the post office EVERY SINGLE DAY if you only have one package, and you live out in the country !  They don't listen.  It's just "we are sorry you are having an issue with our standards, blah, blah, blah....."   I've been a Top-Rated Power Seller on eBay for over 15 years.  I'm a good seller and sell great products and provide good service, but I guess that's not enough anymore.   I'm very disappointed and frustrated, as I suppose thousands of other sellers are.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@muleshoesforchumpchange wrote:

The new policy is too stringent.  I, too, lost my "Top Rated Seller" status, through no fault of my own.  I've never had one customer complaint about a package being late.  My Feedback is 100% positive, and yet.....  now I have "dropped the ball" with a 6% late delivery rating.  Bogus !    I called eBay Customer Service twice and spent a total of about an hour an a half on the phone, trying to explain to the service reps WHY their new criteria is unfair.  But my reasoning falls on deaf ears because these reps are located in South East Asia (India?) and know nothing of our geography or postal system or what it's even like to be an eBay seller and how it is not feasible or practical to go to the post office EVERY SINGLE DAY if you only have one package, and you live out in the country !  They don't listen.  It's just "we are sorry you are having an issue with our standards, blah, blah, blah....."   I've been a Top-Rated Power Seller on eBay for over 15 years.  I'm a good seller and sell great products and provide good service, but I guess that's not enough anymore.   I'm very disappointed and frustrated, as I suppose thousands of other sellers are.

I often wonder why sellers state this when it has no bearing whatsoever on anything at all.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

how it is not feasible or practical to go to the post office EVERY SINGLE DAY if you only have one package, and you live out in the country ! 

It that's what you're up against, you need to specify a longer handling time, rather than begging for mercy when your package isn't delivered on time.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@sg51 

Click Seller Dashboard, Late Shipment Rate, Get full report.  

This will give you the item number that failed to meet the requirement.  

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@sg51 

It looks like 1 out of 33 items failed to up upload tracking.  

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@wpt05 wrote:

@sg51 

It looks like 1 out of 33 items failed to up upload tracking.  

Sorry @sg51 this one was intented for the Original Poster.  I didn't realize how old this was.  My other post was for an older question... 

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

The date and time of your accetance scan can make or break you.

It's not the same as when you dropped it off at the Post Office. If they scan it a day or two later, you're gonna feel some discomfort. If you cannot get someone to scan it, or ship after hours, use that computerized shipping self serve kiosk, it will be your acceptance scan, even f the package doesn't move and update til the next day

Message 22 of 22
latest reply