cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers with questions attached?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I didn't find the answer in search feature.

I received a very acceptable offer with a question attached. The question asked me to confirm a specific model/style name. 

I did not mention an exact style name in my listing because I am not sure of that info.

The message was not in my message tab and could only choose accept/counter/decline to respond. I responded that because I could not confirm, I would decline the offer with "terms" attached as I didn't want her to have to return it if it was not what she needed. I declined, but there is no message thread at all. Was this the correct way to go about this? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lgonzalez28 wrote:

That is exactly what I wanted to do, but could not find where I could message the buyer. I clicked on their username but was not given that option. I truly feel lost on Ebay sometimes. So glad this forum exists! 

I copy their user name, click on my own feedback number and then in the url line I replace my ID with theirs to bring up their feedback profile.   From there, on the right is CONTACT MEMBER which I click.  It asks me if this is about a listing and if so for the number, you can enter your own listing number but it's kind of cumbersome as then you have to open a new window to capture your item number - and that's a pain.  So I select THIS IS NOT ABOUT AN ITEM

Then in the message screen that opens up I write something like:

Hi. Thanks for your offer on my (name of widget)   Before I accept your offer, I thought I had better answer your question regarding the color.  It's a red red, with no hint of orange.   Is that what you're looking for?  If so, let me know and I'll accept your offer. If not, let me know and I'll decline your offer.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, that was the best way to handle it.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, I appreciate your help. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@lgonzalez28 wrote:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I didn't find the answer in search feature.

I received a very acceptable offer with a question attached. The question asked me to confirm a specific model/style name. 

I did not mention an exact style name in my listing because I am not sure of that info.

The message was not in my message tab and could only choose accept/counter/decline to respond. I responded that because I could not confirm, I would decline the offer with "terms" attached as I didn't want her to have to return it if it was not what she needed. I declined, but there is no message thread at all. Was this the correct way to go about this? 

Thanks

Seems sensible.

When I do know the answer, but am not 100% sure that the answer is what the buyer actually wants (sometimes they're question leaves this open like Is this a red red or an orangey red?)    I will not respond to the offer right away but will instead send a separate message to the buyer answering the question and asking if now that they have my answer, shall I go ahead and accept their offer?

I find that works nicely most of the time.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

That is exactly what I wanted to do, but could not find where I could message the buyer. I clicked on their username but was not given that option. I truly feel lost on Ebay sometimes. So glad this forum exists! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@lgonzalez28 wrote:

I copy their user name, click on my own feedback number and then in the url line I replace my ID with theirs to bring up their feedback profile.   From there, on the right is CONTACT MEMBER which I click.  It asks me if this is about a listing and if so for the number, you can enter your own listing number but it's kind of cumbersome as then you have to open a new window to capture your item number - and that's a pain.  So I select THIS IS NOT ABOUT AN ITEM

Then in the message screen that opens up I write something like:

Hi. Thanks for your offer on my (name of widget)   Before I accept your offer, I thought I had better answer your question regarding the color.  It's a red red, with no hint of orange.   Is that what you're looking for?  If so, let me know and I'll accept your offer. If not, let me know and I'll decline your offer.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That was the most thorough information ever!! So good to know, thank you, thank you. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You can contact any eBay user from their feedback page

Message 8 of 8
latest reply