cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers to buyers

I have had the chance to go into different people's products several times, and literally a few minutes later I already received an email notification that I was offered an offer or that the seller is asking me to make an offer.

But when I as a seller want to send an offer to people, it only lets me send to "Watchers". Is this due to the fact that I have a private and non-business profile?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Offers to buyers

You actually sometimes might be sending it to more than just Watchers, but eBay doesn't let you know that.  I've sent offers sometimes on items that said they had 0 Watchers, so I assume those offers went to people who simply viewed the listing, perhaps even in quick view from the search page where it doesn't count as a view (since I've seen reports of people being able to send offers without any views either).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Offers to buyers

You actually sometimes might be sending it to more than just Watchers, but eBay doesn't let you know that.  I've sent offers sometimes on items that said they had 0 Watchers, so I assume those offers went to people who simply viewed the listing, perhaps even in quick view from the search page where it doesn't count as a view (since I've seen reports of people being able to send offers without any views either).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Offers to buyers

I'm starting to question the utility of sending offers. On my selling account, most offers aren't accepted, no matter how generous the discount.

Maybe 5 to 10 percent of my offers result in a sale. It's clear that most watchers and viewers aren't prospective buyers and increasingly view all the seller offers they get as spam.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Offers to buyers

I started getting so many offers from items I just looked at and no interest in buying, I just opted out of offers.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply