cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUTRAGED! Vacataion Hold warranted Defect Points - EBAY REFUSES to remove!

I am pleading to eBay for help! 

1. Two cases were opened while I my store was placed on vacation hold. My items were visible, which eBay allows. I also turned on an automatic email response stating delivery would be delayed.
  2. During this time, the buyers preferred not to wait and opened cased directly. They did not emailing me first (so the email auto response was never receilved).
  3. Because I was on vacation, I did not receive their requests and eBay favored their case and it was closed.
  4. When a case is opened, eBay SHOULD take into consideration that my store was on vacation hold and I was unable to respond. I  perfectly understand that they're entitled to a full refund, but I should not be penalized.
  5. I spoke with the appeals department and they REFUSE to remove the defects. Again, EBAY penalizes their sellers. These defects should be removed as I was on vacation and unable to respond to these requests. It's simple.
  6. In an effort to resolve this issue, one of my buyers has sent me an email indicating that she's perfectly content and does not feel I deserve a point . EBay still will NOT remove the defect point.

7. I AM OUTRAGED by the lack of support and eBay's ridged policy. Ebay continually sets up their sellers to fail. Exceptions need to be made!

If anyone can please help remove these defect marks, that woudl be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Yes, thanks, I'm glad to see you understand. However, eBay still will not remove the defect points. I now lose my TOP RATED status, discount and ranking for items I sell.
Message 46 of 71
latest reply

I think you entirely MISSING the point of the post.

This is NOT about what should have been done. This is about eBay and there vauge policy.

"The real problem is eBay and their policy and instruction are unclear and are designed to setup their sellers to FAIL.  The VACATION HOLD is downright counterintuitive.

I've never seen another company where their software interface is SO bloated and confusing, logic is thrown out the window.You would think eBay, like Amazon would happily review issues with their sellers and make exceptions where needed. This is NEVER the case with eBay. There's a simple solution that eBay can employ. They should remove the two defect marks for this instance. It's simply. I wouldn't have to reachout to the community for help. 

Message 47 of 71
latest reply

Do you work for eBay?

Message 48 of 71
latest reply

slippinjimmy - Thanks, but you're entirely MISSING the point of the post and confusing what I'm trying to get help on. Please create a separate post and start a different thread. So we can focus on the topic. Thank you.

This is NOT about what should have been done. This is about eBay and there vague policy. "The real problem is eBay and their policy and instruction are unclear and are designed to setup their sellers to FAIL. The VACATION HOLD is downright counter-intuitive.
I've never know another company where their software interface is SO bloated and confusing, logic is thrown out the window.You would think eBay, like Amazon would happily review issues with their sellers and make exceptions where needed. This is NEVER the case with eBay. There's a simple solution that eBay can employ. They should remove the two defect marks for this instance. It's simply. I wouldn't have to reach out to the community for help.
Message 49 of 71
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I think the help page is reasonably detailed and clear.

Placing your Store on vacation
In this article

Going on vacation? Use your Store vacation settings to make sure your buyers aren't disappointed by buying items and unexpectedly waiting a long time to receive them.

When you turn on your vacation settings, we display a message in your listings letting your buyers know you're on vacation. You can also add a customized message to your storefront.

Changing your Store vacation settings
To turn on your Store vacation settings:
  1. Click the Messages tab in My eBay.

2. Select Change settings.

3. In the Store vacation settings section, select Turn ON.

4. If you'd like to hide your fixed price listings from eBay search results and Store pages and block buyers from buying the items in these listings while you're away, select Hide and block purchases from my fixed price listings. (This doesn't affect your auction-style listings.)

5. If you'd like buyers to see the date you'll be back and ready to ship items, select Display a return date, and enter the date in the box provided.

6. In the Message to display on your storefront section, edit the default text displayed in the textbox if you'd like to customize it.

7. Click Apply.

You'll continue to be charged the normal fees (such as your eBay Store subscription fee and listing-related fees) while vacation settings are on.

You can also access this in Seller Hub > Marketing > Manage your brand > Vacation settings.

Important:

• It can take up to several days for your listings to become hidden after you select and save this Store vacation setting.

• When you clear this setting, it can take up to several days for your listings to appear again in search results.

If your vacation settings are on, they remain in effect until you turn them off.

To turn off your vacation settings:

3. In the Store vacation settings section, select Turn OFF.

4. Click Apply.

Making your fixed price listings unavailable

What it does: This option hides all of your fixed price listings so buyers don't see them in your eBay Store, in search results, in cross-promotions (where other items are promoted in your listing), or on any other eBay pages. Using this option prevents buyers from buying items and waiting longer than expected to receive them from you. This feature also lowers your risk of receiving negative Feedback and transaction defects for items not received.

Other information about this option:

• Only your fixed price listings are hidden. All auction-style and other listings will continue to appear to buyers as they normally do.

• Buyers who have already purchased items from these listings still able to view them.

Note: If you selected the immediate pay option on your listings, buyers can still purchase your items.

• All other characteristics of your fixed price listings stay the same. For example, listings may expire if they aren't scheduled to be automatically renewed or relisted.

• Your fixed price listings remain hidden until you turn off this option in your vacation settings.

Displaying a vacation message in your Store

What it does: This option lets you place a message on your Store pages, to tell buyers that you're on vacation. This message appears below your custom header, if you have chosen to display one, without affecting any text you have saved in that area.

Note: You can use a default vacation message that we provide or create one of your own using text. HTML and script tags are not allowed.

Sending an out of office reply

If you're going on vacation or not planning to check your email for a while, use the out of office reply to let anyone who tries to contact you know that you're not responding to your messages. When you set up an out of office reply, any email you receive is replied to with the message you create.

Learn more about sending an out of office reply.

And this (the convoluted snakes-and-ladders scenario above) is why I END my listings if I'm going to be absent for a few days.  That way, I know that no one is going to be buying anything during the interval.  Smiley Tongue

Message 51 of 71
latest reply

Hello Community. Please do not respond with information of how to use eBay's Vacation Hold. We're well aware of how it works and its vague and unclear instructions.

We're interested in learning how to avoid being penalized for using the vacation hold. If a seller is away and unable to check email, thus the "vacation hold" why should a seller receive a defect mark? Don't you agree that it's eBay's responsibility to make their policy clear so their sellers don't fail? Wouldn't you think eBay would make an exception for sellers who have an impeccable track record? Well they don't. I'm hoping they will make adjustments so others won't suffer as I have.
Message 52 of 71
latest reply

@books...forthememories wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

In this article

Going on vacation? Use your Store vacation settings to make sure your buyers aren't disappointed by buying items and unexpectedly waiting a long time to receive them.

When you turn on your vacation settings, we display a message in your listings letting your buyers know you're on vacation. You can also add a customized message to your storefront.

4. If you'd like to hide your fixed price listings from eBay search results and Store pages and block buyers from buying the items in these listings while you're away, select Hide and block purchases from my fixed price listings. (This doesn't affect your auction-style listings.)

5. If you'd like buyers to see the date you'll be back and ready to ship items, select Display a return date, and enter the date in the box provided.

6. In the Message to display on your storefront section, edit the default text displayed in the textbox if you'd like to customize it.

7. Click Apply.

You'll continue to be charged the normal fees (such as your eBay Store subscription fee and listing-related fees) while vacation settings are on.

You can also access this in Seller Hub > Marketing > Manage your brand > Vacation settings.

Important:

• It can take up to several days for your listings to become hidden after you select and save this Store vacation setting.

• When you clear this setting, it can take up to several days for your listings to appear again in search results.

If your vacation settings are on, they remain in effect until you turn them off.

4. Click Apply.

What it does: This option hides all of your fixed price listings so buyers don't see them in your eBay Store, in search results, in cross-promotions (where other items are promoted in your listing), or on any other eBay pages. Using this option prevents buyers from buying items and waiting longer than expected to receive them from you. This feature also lowers your risk of receiving negative Feedback and transaction defects for items not received.

• Only your fixed price listings are hidden. All auction-style and other listings will continue to appear to buyers as they normally do.

• Buyers who have already purchased items from these listings still able to view them.

Note: If you selected the immediate pay option on your listings, buyers can still purchase your items.

• All other characteristics of your fixed price listings stay the same. For example, listings may expire if they aren't scheduled to be automatically renewed or relisted.

• Your fixed price listings remain hidden until you turn off this option in your vacation settings.

What it does: This option lets you place a message on your Store pages, to tell buyers that you're on vacation. This message appears below your custom header, if you have chosen to display one, without affecting any text you have saved in that area.

Note: You can use a default vacation message that we provide or create one of your own using text. HTML and script tags are not allowed.

If you're going on vacation or not planning to check your email for a while, use the out of office reply to let anyone who tries to contact you know that you're not responding to your messages. When you set up an out of office reply, any email you receive is replied to with the message you create.

And this (the convoluted snakes-and-ladders scenario above) is why I END my listings if I'm going to be absent for a few days.  That way, I know that no one is going to be buying anything during the interval.  Smiley Tongue

Yes, but there are always those special little snowflakes who think the rules are only meant to be read & understood by some and others  (them) should get a pass.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 53 of 71
latest reply

@happysunshineshop wrote:
Hello Community. Please do not respond with information of how to use eBay's Vacation Hold. We're well aware of how it works and its vague and unclear instructions.

We're interested in learning how to avoid being penalized for using the vacation hold. If a seller is away and unable to check email, thus the "vacation hold" why should a seller receive a defect mark? Don't you agree that it's eBay's responsibility to make their policy clear so their sellers don't fail? Wouldn't you think eBay would make an exception for sellers who have an impeccable track record? Well they don't. I'm hoping they will make adjustments so others won't suffer as I have.

The way to avoid a defect for that situation is to read & understand the rules re vacation holds and ACT accordingly.

If you will have NO ACCESS to emails & the internet then you HIDE your listings. It's pretty clear.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 54 of 71
latest reply

happysunshineshop wrote: ... Please do not respond with information of how to use eBay's Vacation Hold. We're well aware of how it works ... We're interested in learning how to avoid being penalized for using the vacation hold....

The underlying problem here is that you think eBay has a setting called "vacation hold."  The word "hold" does not appear anywhere in the (extensively quoted) help page about the vacation settings that are available to Store subscribers.

There is no such thing as a "vacation hold."

Here are your actual choices:

1.  Away message: "When you turn on your vacation settings, we display a message in your listings letting your buyers know you're on vacation."

2. Hide listings: "If you'd like to hide your fixed price listings from eBay search results and Store pages and block buyers from buying the items in these listings while you're away, select Hide and block purchases from my fixed price listings."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/placing-store-vacation.html

Message 55 of 71
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

@books...forthememories wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

In this article

7. Click Apply.

Important:

4. Click Apply.

Yes, but there are always those special little snowflakes who think the rules are only meant to be read & understood by some and others  (them) should get a pass.

True ...

But underneath the Hiding your listings is what is in red above. What exactly does that mean? If you have IPR, somene can still buy even though you have the vacation settings properly set? And above that, what happens if your listings are shown in the 'several days' it could take to be hidden?

They REALLY need to deal with these help pages.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

ymeagainlord wrote: ... Note: If you selected the immediate pay option on your listings, buyers can still purchase your items.........

True ...

But underneath the Hiding your listings is what is in red above. What exactly does that mean? ...

They REALLY need to deal with these help pages.

The red part about IPR just isn't true.  Nor is the "several days" to take effect.

But your coment about the Help pages needing Help sure is true. There's a lot that needs updating and/or clarification.  For instance, the Help page about IPR says that you must have a Premier or Business account, but that's not true either; sellers can set up IPR if they  have just a Personal-level account.

Message 57 of 71
latest reply

Ya know, if eBay has a system in place whereby sellers can CHOOSE to "hide" their listings, why do so many have trouble considering eBay themselves may do such?

The option is obviously there in the site coding

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 58 of 71
latest reply

Message 59 of 71
latest reply

Message 60 of 71
latest reply