cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG, What is happening with the listing formats -- big problems grrrr

Okay.   Here's the thing.   I sell Teddy bears, 11 per week.   Got used to the listing format when ebay changed it a year or so ago.   I like to tell my buyers details.  No problem, takes about 6 minutes to make a listing.

Now ebay changes the listing format again.   Half the categories are missing.  Okay, I added the categories in my template.  When I use the template, there are errors.   For example:   Eye Color.   Okay, it's green.   I open the drop down box to enter green, and it only gives me a pick list for YEARS.    Yes, nothing about color...won't accept a color.   So I make I exit out, start the draft again.   Eye Color works now, but the height and weight are missing.    I try to add the height and weight as an additional option...it tells me it already exists, I can't do it.   I exit out, come back in...now there's height and weight.   But now the bear color has disappeared and one of the pictures are missing.    On and on and on.   Help us and save us.  

Very very frustrating.    Taking me forever to list something.   Please help, ebay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@dollyhodge wrote:

Now ebay changes the listing format again.   Half the categories are missing.  Okay, I added the categories in my template.  When I use the template, there are errors.

I think your best bet may be to dump the old template and start fresh. When the new listing form reads in a template that was generated by a past listing form, it may not correctly recognize the template values that you stored, or may place the template values in the wrong fields.

Once you have a new listing the way you want it using the latest listing form, try saving that as a new template. You can also do a Sell Similar off one of your new listings (i.e. a listing generated by the new listing form), and that should be a stable way to go forward with new bear listings, possibly needing only a few tweaks for the new item to be uploaded.

One thing I try to avoid at all times is to change to a new category, as that will lose most if not all of your item specifics that were part of the previous category. Good luck.

P.S. Mostly irrelevant anecdote: years ago we were collecting Gerber TLC bears, basically in all their available colors. We came across another one at a garage sale some years back, and bought it, though the seller (not a kid but a woman in her 40s) was near tears as we were leaving with the bear. When I got home, I had the inspiration to photograph our new purchase snuggled in with the other bears in his new home, printed the photo, and drove back to the garage sale to drop off the photo, show them that he was in a good home, etc. She was visibly relieved to get the photo; I think we resolved that pretty well. 😊

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I hear your pain…..It is taking me a long time now to list one item. Then I go back to check it and it’s wrong or they leave out things. It has been time consuming and frustrating.

🤔😏

Message 3 of 3
latest reply