cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving notifications of offers from buyers

I am not receiving any notifications of offers on my items from potential buyer 

When checking listings I noticed many expired offers that I  was not notified of and missed

This subject has been raised in other threads here with multiple sellers experiencing the same issue and no satisfactory answer given and the thread closed

No I am not seeing offers I made expired, these were offers made by interested buyers and no notification sent so I missed the offer

I'm missing potential sales which is very frustrating

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Check eBay every day and do not rely on the email notifications

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

OK, you confirmed they're expired and not auto-declined. You confirmed they're offers buyers made to you and not Seller Initiated Offers. So ...

For any offers from the past 30 days: Are there notifications in your eBay messages box? If they're on eBay but not in your e-mail then check your e-mail SPAM folder.

Since they're offers buyers made to you, that means you can see the buyer ID which also means you can contact them and let them know you didn't get an alert from eBay about their offer but are willing to accept if they're still interested in purchasing.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I was not getting app notifications on my Best Offer listings for quite awhile. I recently discovered that an update must have unchecked that box somehow. Go to settings via the app and re-check it to get those notifications again.

I am at eBay every day working every day so fortunately, I did not miss out on my offers that came in during the evening when I wasn't on my laptop.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Same one for $500 and another for $400 & to just push the whole thing to inconsolable levels of rage.. legit $5,000.. they tried 12 times.. didn’t receive a single notification.. come to find out was because the area was supposedly “blocked” that they were bidding from..

well how can that be when the area was Australia and I just shipped an order there two weeks prior for about $26…

so eBay tells me maybe they didn’t have the money to make the bid.. like they tried 12 times in a row and you think they didn’t have the money?? Well the error message says buying area blocked by seller.. who blocked it because I certainly didn’t??

I cannot believe this happened.. eBay won’t tell me anything useful.. after asking them to explain hope I had another sale in that same area recently without issue they told me to speak to them respectfully or they would end the conversation..

So getting called out for shady practices is being disrespectful now?

I mean I’ve caught eBay straight up lying to me on more than three occasions now, but to pull something like this..

idk what’s going on at eBay but something is very very wrong. Has anybody else wound up with negative dollars after a sale?

I have some sales that cost me money.. make that make sense.. they said it’s all by the book yet refused to explain how and that they weren’t going to fix any of it. Have it all in writing..

eBay used to solve problems, idk when or why that stopped but this feels like robbery.. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Was this ever resolved? I’m selling and running into this. I would have accepted the offers. 

The only thing I can think of is that they rescinded the offer immediately. But there should be a message in my inbox. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Put the Ebay app on the home page of your phone and enable badge notifications.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply