cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-payment from buyer

I "sold" an item on ebay 14 days ago and never received payment or any communication from buyer. A buyer who has zero feedback. 

It is very frustrating for me as my only option was to "open a case" which I did. I dont even know what that means as it resulted in no response from ebay, no response from buyer, inability to leave negative feedback, inability to relist the item, and I had to pay the ebay fee on an item that was never paid for. 14 days later I canceled "the case" and could relist but the "buyer" has no consequences for their non payment and is free to pull the same stunt again with no repercussions. I searced ebay for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to report them or get resolution but of course the rabbit trail only leads to "open a case" 

How do you go about leaving negative feedback for a buyer who doesnt pay??? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Non-payment from buyer

Four days after you open the case you can close for nonpayment and your fees will be returned and the buyer receives a nonpayment strike.
Buyer cannot be given a negative feedback.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Non-payment from buyer

The 'resolution' system, rather how to handle a non-paying buyer is not real clear anymore.  BUT, in the future what you want to do is this... if a buyer doesn't pay, within about 2 days the system gives you the option to 'open a case', which it sounds like you did.  Then you have to wait 4 days.  After 4 days has passed, you can go into your 'resolution center', and file a 'request final value fees' against them.

Once that happens, you will be free to relist the item, eBay will return your final value fees (on your next invoice), and the buyer will get a 'non-payment' strike on their account.  Many sellers have blocks in place that don't allow buyers to purchase items from them if they have xx number of 'non-payment' strikes.  So it does affect the buyer, you just cannot see it.

And sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers, that was changed several years ago.  So, the system works, it's just more discreet than it used to be.  Hope that made sense.

If you simply canceled/closed the case, I'm unsure if you can file against them again.  Maybe another poster will have that info.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Non-payment from buyer

Sellers can automatically block purchases from buyers with two or more unpaid item disputes in the last year. That is their repercussion. Leaving permanent marks on the public record of customers is in nobody's best interest. 

File, close and move on. Add the buyer to your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply