cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-paying bidders - does ebay allow sellers to cancel bids just because of low feedback rating?

I am so tired of non-paying bidders, especially when they have very low feedback scores which makes it look like I may be shill bidding on my own items. I have my buyer requirements set to the strictest standard but it is of little use. I see other sellers who instruct bidders with low feedback to contact them before bidding or their bids will be canceled. Two questions:

Is this an acceptable ebay policy?

Does it work?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Non-paying bidders - does ebay allow sellers to cancel bids just because of low feedback rating?

No and no

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You can cancel bids from anyone you want as long as the auction is still active. I'd block them first though. Many people feel their NPBs have higher feedback so I'd make sure you are seeing a pattern.

I wouldn't put that wording in your listing. Ebay at one point had rules about unwelcome comments in your listings. Not sure if they still do. If I saw that in a listing as a buyer with thousands of purchases, I'd hit the back button.

Oh and remember how much you'll be losing by cancelling bids for something that may not happen. You could be losing more than you're gaining.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Is this an acceptable ebay policy?- op - unquote --------------------------------

Probably not  because new buyers come along every day . Everyone starts with zero  or no feedback . So I think asking buyers with low feedback to contact the seller first  would be seen as prejudicial  . It also could be viewed as insulting to the buyer . It's not something I would risk  doing . Tulips 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I had pretty much given up on ebay years ago but agreed to sell jewelry for some folks so here I am again. I had forgotten just how annoying it can be.  The last two items not paid for had "buyers" with feedback ratings of 1 but you are correct, the two just before those had a lot of feedback. As long as ebay lets them get away with it there's little I can do other than complete the process so that  they are charged with the NPB complaint.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Or list the items as fixed price listings with "Immediate payment required."    It's a tradeoff: You lose the chance that multiple bidders will drive up the price, but you also lose all the nonpayment headaches.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The last two items not paid for had "buyers" with feedback ratings of  - op  unquote --------------

Same thing happened to me just a few days ago . I accepted a best offer and sent the invoice, but buyer never paid . They had 1 feedback from 6 months ago .   However I've also had successful sales  under the same circumstances  with low feedback buyers . It's frustrating when a buyer won't pay for the obvious reasons . However selling to the public always has risks ,, its all part of doing business . Tulips

Message 7 of 7
latest reply