cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer an option to not accept offers?

Howdy-doodle fellow eBayers!

I just listed a fairly expensive set of dishes. I have no intention of bartering on price, but when I made the listing there was no option to accept or not accept offers. The listing just automatically defaulted to include "Make an offer". Is this something new or is there a trick that I missed to opt out of accepting offers? It's going to annoy the poop right out of me to have to deal with a bunch of lowball emails. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's a new default if you're using the "new Quick Listing Tool" which apparently you are.

To get out of that you need to click the "advanced tool" on the listing page which gives you more options including not checking the Best Offer box.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's a new default if you're using the "new Quick Listing Tool" which apparently you are.

To get out of that you need to click the "advanced tool" on the listing page which gives you more options including not checking the Best Offer box.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Oh, jeez, thank you, ymeagainlord! Yeah, the listing editor looked completely different from what I was used to seeing but I just thought it was a new change eBay had just implemented. Thanks again! Off to edit my listing 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply