cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No free 8 week auction re lists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beware sellers. eBay have removed the 8 week free auto re list to top sellers. My free 250 auction listings were gone in days and everything that has the automation rule turned on re lists  and subtracts from your free monthly allowance. After that’s has been used you are charged an insertion fee per item. After being misinformed by customer service I have lost $80 in two days on insertion fees. I was told because you are not new to eBay and you are a top rated seller the free auto re list is no longer available to you. Basically the more loyal you are to eBay you are being victimized for doing well. Guess it’s time to open another account.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Open up a 2nd or a 3rd account if you have a lot of stuff to list. You will need a new email address for it one.  You can still use the same bank account that you use in Managed Payments.   Make sure that you never bid on your own stuff. Also you still can't list the same  identical item in the 2nd account. It would still be considered a duplicate listing. So watch because if you get caught, you could get suspended. When one account goes down, all of the accounts go down too.  Goodluck.

Oh yes, the extra fees that you paid, think of that as a tax deduction . It is an expense that would be subtracted from your total funds received.  Hopefully some of those relisted ones will sell. Goodluck.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This problem has already been discussed on several threads to no definite conclusion. eBay seems to be making the 8 relists for auctions available to select sellers in a random manner. An eBay CS has told several users that this perk is available only to new sellers to help them get going, but we have seen long-standing sellers get it too. My guess is it's controlled by an eBay bot that looks at your current and past sales history and decides if you get it or keep it. Your recent sales have been good so perhaps the bot has decided you no longer need help. It really seems to be a hit-and-miss thing.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

On the terrible new listing form, you have to really dig to find the auto-relist option:

auto relist 1.png

auto relist 2.png

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

janet9988_0-1668282243222.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/creating-managing-listings/listings/selling/relisting-items?id=4147&st=12&...

After 8 free relists....Those items should automatically go into your unsold folder and not be relisted. according to ebay

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this option was available on my account but has been removed.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi on my account after it says relist up to 8 times it says (‘if available’)  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this available on my account but eBay have removed this option. I have now been told it’s because I’m no longer a new seller?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It used to but they have added ‘if available’ after 8 re lists. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

840B52DD-87CF-4762-82F2-F5EEFD4AD32E.jpeg

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

70785CAF-587A-4A59-A5CC-F208F610F57E.jpeg