cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No New Listing Promos Means.....

there are a lot fewer listings out there right now.  Some of you prefer that, but I feel that means fewer sales for eBay and probably for me.  

It also means that instead of ending my listings for a Thanksgiving break, I'm going to extend my handling time to 5 days, and risk making customers mad.  I will send them a message to make sure they saw the handling time.   I don't have a store so am relying on my 50 without a "vacation mode".

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@tamaralea wrote:

there are a lot fewer listings out there right now.  Some of you prefer that, but I feel that means fewer sales for eBay

IMHO eBay only loses sales when there are no similar items from similar sellers at similar prices.

Otherwise the sale would probably still go to an existing listing.

eBay has 1.1 billion listings, up from 700 million a couple years ago. IMHO eBay needs more buyers, not more listings.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

was wondering why our sales have increased.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

In October, ebay gave me 2 separate 100 free lsitings promos. As you know, they are given out at random. I have a one day handling time. Sold an item today and ebay says to ship by Friday. Just might be a glitch or something.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have a three day handling time and sold an item today and eBay said to ship by November 15. I will of course ship it today - but weird!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply