cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New policy on payouts for selling!

The new policy for me to give eBay my bank account information for payouts is ridiculous! I use PayPal just so that I don’t have to give sites like this my bank account information! Customer Service Rep Anthony said “The reason is because we split from paypal and started our own payment processing to better assist our mbrs in house” but I can use my PayPal to buy. eBay always seem to be doing something shady like putting payouts on hold but charging you a invoice and pulling the money before you get paid for what you sold. To me it’s worth the 2% to have PayPal and not have eBay access to my bank Account! No selling for me here anymore! Like and comment on this post if you agree! 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I have been in managed payment for awhile and have had very few problems other than the delay in the fund transfers. I did setup a separate checking account for both security reasons and to help with my own accounting. Part of what the CSR told you was/is correct eBay did split with PayPal from a financial processing perspective but eBay is not doing the payment processing in-house. Rather they partnered with a company in the Netherlands called Adyen who is handling the movement of the funding similar to what PayPal used to do. Adyen is a pretty well established company but no where near the financial processing handled by PayPay. Have no fear you are still paying the processing fee of around 2% but this is no longer going to PayPal.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Ceno3.jpg

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Neither is EBay! Lol

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

When did you start using PayPal?

"Companies like this", do you mean companies like eBay? If you gave PayPal your information between 2002 and 2015 you actually gave it to eBay!!!!!

You trusted them then but now you don't.....why is that?

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Thank you I Appreciate it!

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

If eBay knew they change this policy and I had not given them my Bank Account information, then why wasn’t I warned or ask for this when listing the item? Why wait till it is sold then all of a sudden oops now we need your Bank Account to get paid.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

If that is so then why ask for it shouldn’t they already have it?

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

You've been a member since 2004.

At that time Paypal was a division of eBay. (EBay was forced to spin it off about six years ago.)

And to use PP at that time you gave them your banking information.

So that ship sailed.

If you are concerned open a low fee, online, checking account dedicated solely to online selling.

EASY.png

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Whether they have it or not is moot. They may indeed have it. But whether they got it from Paypal or another data service provider is irrelevant.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They need you to give it to them; and by doing so, you agree to MP terms:

"You authorize us and our Affiliates to check information you provide to us, including by verifying the existence of your bank account and obtaining reports from, or comparing your information to, third-party sources. Such third-party sources may include without limitation, banks, credit agencies, data brokers, and other service providers."

"We may use third-party payment services providers to assist us in providing Managed Payments (such as companies that process payments and disburse settlements, perform risk assessments or compliance checks, verify identity, or validate payment or settlement methods), and we may process your data and transfer it to these third parties. You hereby explicitly consent to: our use of such third-party service providers, the outsourcing of services to them, and the related transfer and processing of data. Where applicable so we can provide you with Managed Payments, you hereby waive any professional secrecy rights. Regardless of whether we use third-party service providers, the appropriate eBay Payment Entity remains responsible to you for the performance of the services contemplated under these Payments Terms of Use."

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Me, I'm already gone and I'm feeling strong!

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Again if they had my bank account information why ask for it? Also why would I have the need for a dedicated checking account when I only sell a couple items a year? 

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

By allowing you to sell, even though you have not completed the registration, you are more likely to complete the registration.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you ever expect to be paid that is. It's called extortion.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Ebay was not really "forced" to sell PP off.....unless you call the pressure from Ichan and Buffet "pressure". The ironic part of it is that PP is now worth 100 times or more than Ebay is..... Ebay is the center for poor ignorant decisions by management. Almost like they WANT Ebay to fail....

Message 15 of 29
latest reply