cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New info on Mobile Friendly Checker

There are two problems with the Mobile Friendly Checker. One is you can't use it to bulk relist mobile compliance into your listings. Alan's response on this question is:

"Our mobile team have advised that the mobile-friendly test tool is a basic tool and is only capable of testing one item at a time. There are no plans to scale this to check and fix in bulk. That said, we are working towards improving this tool or providing a better alternative for sellers. Thanks for your patience."

The other problem is items you have one-by-one made mobile friendly cannot be retained as mobile friendly in a bulk relist if you are using Seller Hub. To retain their mobile friendly status, they must be bulk relisted using the old listing format.

I finally figured this out when I pondered why they are retained when I bulk relist on two of my IDs, but on the third ID they are lost when I bulk relist. The answer is on the third ID I had switched to Seller Hub (figuring I better get used to it). I switched back to the old form, ended two of my active listings that were already mobile friendly, then bulk relisted them and the mobile friendly did not drop off the listing, but were carried along with the relist.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well, this is probably why Trinton - in the Weakly Chat 2-3 weeks ago - stated emphatically, that the Seller Hub wasn't going to be mandatory for ebay sellers - ebay hadn't made an official statement saying that.  Not all of the functions currently available were going to be there - but, what's a little inconvenience amongst friends, huh?.

Of course, some of the important functions that aren't there aren't going to be available otherwise, either - like TL being retired - but, look at the bright side.  Sort of like the old blue light, 5 minute special - what will be available will be ALMOST as good, but a lot cheaper (for ebay).

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"></font>
<style>
img {
max-width: 100%;
}
</style>

2. after you have selected all 500 items, click: "Edit Fields" then "Item Description"
3. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! -----------------> Switch to HTML editor (if you forget this step, your HTML will appear how you see it written above as text in your description! )
4. SELECT ACTION------------->choose the selection: "Edit listings in bulk - add to item description"
5. Paste the above HTML directly after the break symbol <br>
6. click "save and close"
7. Submit changes

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for your detailed instruction above!!! I can't begin to tell you how boring it was getting doing 700+ listings one-at-a-time. I want to stress to all readers that this REALLY works. Don't waste your time struggling any other way. I called eBay about this issue 3 times and got 3 different answers and none of them worked.........SSDD!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I forgot to ask .....do you have a quick fix for removing the listing frames from the item descriptions? When I did all the mobile fixes, the frames got distorted and I surely don't want to start doing them all one-at-a-time again!! Are we having fun yet??
Message 5 of 5
latest reply