cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New all time low for ebay since Oct 12, anyone else still wondering why we are still here?

New all time low for ebay since Oct 12, anyone else still wondering why we are still here?  You think to yourself just hang in there things will get better and they continue to get worse and worse. How many other people are in the same boat?  Seriously, what is wrong with upper management at ebay; are they trying to make us switch platforms? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

New all time low for ebay since Oct 12, anyone else still wondering why we are still here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are making it very difficult for small sellers.....they really don't want or need us anymore.

They are very much changing the business model of the site, going to new products sold by companies and large volume sellers. 

They are hoping to get as many small sellers to drop out as possible before they just simply decimate us and make it impossible for us to sell here.

Small sellers are very hopeful and in denial, but can absolutely see it coming.

Our time here is limited for selling one-offs and knick-knacks, and has an absolute end in the near future.

Bring on the cheerleaders.......

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Bring on the cheerleaders.......

Don't be that guy.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You have got to spread your wings. The old saying is "Don't put all your eggs in one basket"

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

What is in it for eBay to get rid of small sellers?  eBay is a platform - they aren’t limited on virtual shelf space.  Doesn’t eBay want both big and small sellers, new and used items, collectibles and commodities?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@jathibo-12 wrote:

No need for me to wonder - I know exactly why I am here. I am here because I make good money with relatively little effort. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

If you look at the Forums at other sites,  everyone is complaining about slow sales.

You are selling Hot Wheels,   younger consumers are not interested.      I can remember seeing lines waiting at Target for the newest Hot Wheels,   not so much. 

No, they are not trying to get rid of small sellers.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Also,  put what you are selling right up front.   Some of your listings do not have card until the end.

Get rid of any punctuation that can be mistaken for HTML in your titles

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@jathibo-12 wrote:

New all time low for ebay since Oct 12, anyone else still wondering why we are still here?  You think to yourself just hang in there things will get better and they continue to get worse and worse. How many other people are in the same boat?  Seriously, what is wrong with upper management at ebay; are they trying to make us switch platforms? 

I'm barely here after 23 years. I got tired of giving eBay money every month and closed my eBay store, motivated by the service I received from eBay on Facebook. I opened the store 20 years ago.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's evolving into a different kind of platform......no longer a yard sale type place.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hot Wheels and diecast cars have not been about kids for many, many years now. 

They are catered to and bought by adult collectors.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

eBay is run by out of touch elitists who have no idea what eBay even is or what made it great.  They just want to try to out-Amazon Amazon, as if that's even possible. 

Stuff isn't moving because search is ruined.  Why they'd kick out any sellers is beyond me, since they make the most money when items actually sell.   

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

Stuff isn't moving because search is ruined.  Why they'd kick out any sellers is beyond me, since they make the most money when items actually sell.   

Twice in the past week and a half I have listed things that have sold within 48 hours of putting them up. I listed a whole bunch of Hello Kitty items the day before yesterday and already three of them have multiple watchers. Search is clearly working if all of these people have no problems finding things right after I list them.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hot Wheels and diecast cars have not been about kids for many, many years now. 

They are catered to and bought by adult collectors.

Don't you love it when you are being told what to sell and how to run your business?

I have seen the prices collectors are paying for some of the Hot Wheels cars in conventions, five and even six figures for a 1/64 size cars, very impressive.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply