cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Policy starting on 11.12.2023 Bad Buyer Experience why all this?

Dear eBay seller,

Starting from December 11, 2023, eBay will launch a new service standard policy i.e., Bad Buyer Experience (“BBE”) Rate. We request you to please visit the policy page for the detailed information.

The sellers whose BBE rate is much higher than the peer market average may be subject to a range of actions including, but not limited to, administratively ending or removing listings, adjusting selling limits, holding the payment, enforcing buying or selling restrictions, or suspending the relevant accounts.

Your account will be evaluated each Wednesday. Once the policy is launched, the sellers are requested to refer their Seller Dashboard to check the performance of their respective sellers account.

Thanks,

eBay

What is point of this new policies? If seller have more than 99% positive feedback why all this? If buyer love seller why some metric needed to decide for selling limits or restrictions.

By the way I am 10 years here, have last 3 months restriction because INR rate on USA and Canada because post was late in post strike last year. Even should be protected by policy in this cases ebay teammates in 90% dont even know to look tracking, I need to appeal 2-3 times and to explain where to click, they dont know their own policies, so why all this?

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

totally ridiculous - just another way to aid buyers 

Message 91 of 93
latest reply

Imho quite detached from reality. You have a seller on one side and buyer on other. The relationship is based on honesty and trust. And penalized by buyer if contrary. Things should be kept simple and easy to understand. Complicating matters in such ways makes no sense. Did inventor of this new policy ever sell on Ebay? My guess certainly not.

Very similar in our country (and EU) where new laws are invented each day to fuel new agencies and jobs. Should Ebay seller be required to pact with US law firm to understand and fulfill new requirements? It is pity where all is going.

Message 92 of 93
latest reply

Have you seen the huge fees associated with a limited, below-standard selling account? They're doubled! My performance was "below standard" according to eBay,  after getting 3 return requests in 3 months time, even though I have perfect 100 percent positive feedback!  I was quickly limited to only 60 items listed per month and outrageous selling fees.  What's really ridiculous is that I already have a hundred items listed, therefore until I sell 40 items, I can do nothing at all!  I cannot even revise my current listings.  There's no loopholes here.  I might have well just been permanently suspended.  There's no difference.

Message 93 of 93
latest reply