cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback posted as positive.

Why has eBay been posting negative feedback as positive? I recently sold a item to a person who had a 100% positive feedback rating but looking at his feedback from the last 6 months I noticed he had 4 complaints for non-paying! ( soon to be 5 because he is not paying me either!)

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A seller cannot post negative feedback to a buyer for a transaction. A seller's choice is either positive feedback or no feedback. It has been that way for years. Some sellers do post what are called "false positives"---it is listed as positive feedback, but the comment is clearly negative. Technically, I believe this is against the rules, and the buyer could probably have these removed and the seller could be in trouble with ebay. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

A seller cannot post negative feedback to a buyer for a transaction. A seller's choice is either positive feedback or no feedback. It has been that way for years. Some sellers do post what are called "false positives"---it is listed as positive feedback, but the comment is clearly negative. Technically, I believe this is against the rules, and the buyer could probably have these removed and the seller could be in trouble with ebay. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for the info. What can be done to stop somebody from bidding on anything he wants and not paying for it?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Because ebay strictly cares ONLY about the buyer, never is the seller protected or cared about. Been ripped off countless times due to the ebay buyer proctection program. Take it to court, go ahead, since ebay has started ebay, i have a  1-10  record in ebay court. You will lose almost every time ! Maybe 1 case was my fault. Negative feedback is never overturned, your toast either way . 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Please don't make the same mistake other sellers made.

Leaving false positive does nothing but add another green dot to a bad payers account. It is against ebay rules so don't risk it.

Open a NPB against the buyer, 96 hours later if no pmt is received you go in and escalate your claim, you get fvf refunded, then relist your item - the buyer gets a strike on his account, and 2 strikes on a buyers account restricts them from buying off sellers who have their blocks in place.

Add this buyer to your BBL and make sure you have your seller blocks in place as well

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

NOOOO, no no It is not against the rules, ppl are out to scam, if they ripped you off, positive neg replies ALL day long ! 

Sell for a living, youll see. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

wrong thread

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

This is definitely against the rules, there's no "technically" about it!

ANY buyer who receives a FB like this can, and should, contact eBay to get it removed.

"Soon to be five . . ."  Uh, wait a minute.

If a buyer has not paid within 48 hours of the end of the listing the seller needs to open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center and to follow through with that.

If you are considering leaving negative FB for a BUYER, stop -- as mentioned, it's against the rules and, furthermore, negative feedback doesn't get your fees refunded.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

". . .it is not against the rules"?? I am sure you meant to say that it IS against the rules for a seller to give a buyer negative FB.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

You can't stop somebody, but you can learn what to do if/when a buyer hasn't paid within 48 hours and that is OPEN AN UNPAID ITEM CASE.

And you can set your listings so that no buyer who has two unpaid item cases in 12 months can buy from you.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Ok-Thanks for the feedback-no negative feedback for eBay buyers so I will abide by the rules!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Just curious:  Where do you get your information about leaving negative feedback for buyers? 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I do remember when a seller used to be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer back when I first bought something from eBay back in 2006 like if the buyer didn't pay after winning an auction or if the buyer tried to scam the seller or something like that. However soon after that, they changed it so that only buyers can leave negative or neutral feedback. I think if a buyer wins an auction but doesn't pay or tries to scam the seller then the seller could report the buyer and eventually have the buyer banned from ebay.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

😂

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

This thread needs to be closed by a bot.  It's 2 1/2 yrs old.  Buyers have 96 hours now to pay.  

Message 15 of 16
latest reply