cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feed back, help please

A buyer claims a phone I sold to him was not as described( he didn't show proof to back up his claim), this happened last week. He demanded that I send another one to him in Canada, that he won't send the one with him back until he gets the replacement in Canada that am going to pay for shipping both ways. He said if I don't do that he will write a nasty feedback that he has done it for sellers before and said ebay will even back him up . I apologized for the error that am willing to send replacement but why Canada when his shipping address is in US. He explained that he had to come across the boarder to pick up the phone, and was adamant that I will pay for shipping both ways and started using inappropriate words.

I immediately contacted ebay on the issue, asked them to read our mails and advised me on what to do to resolve the issue.

I was told that I should ask the buyer to request for refund which I immediately did and the customer service lady said I can't ship the phone to Canada since I didn't ship to Canada in the first place. I asked her what if the buyer writes a negative feedback as he said. I was assured that it will be taken care of.

The buyer wrote back today after a week after the initial mail that the phone is locked which I don't believe and wrote a negative feedback that I am scammer. This is unfair for a listing that I had already sold more than 15 units which positive feedback. I contacted ebay about the negative feedback issue and they said they can't do anything about it contrary to what we discussed last week when I called them to advice me what to do in order to resolve the issue.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@biztech1074 wrote:

I have issued him return shipping label this afternoon, the shipping cost is $6 I guess the system only recognized the initial shipping address. 

He wrote back now saying "does that mean I agree to his requests" I won't reply him again, I will only refund after I get the phone.

The funny part is that I still received orders for two of the same phone today.

I would tell him it means he can return it for a refund.  And yes it used the address you shipped to. You are only required to pay return shipping from the address you shipped too,  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@biztech1074 wrote:

Sorry I have been very busy, the buyer did made request for refund today as follows;

I received a phone in a condition unlike what was stated in the advertisement. There are three clear dents and digs around the edges of the device and it does not match it's mint description or it's photos. It was a big hassle for me to pick up this device. I had to spend extra time, travel money, and taxes to bring this cross boarder from the US into Canada. It's particularly disappointing to be sent this misdescribed phone for that reason. Because of the investment I've spent on this phone already, a return is simply not good enough. Please send me a new HTC 10 that matches the description. It Must be: Glacier Silver Unlocked Rooted running on Android 7.0 mint condition working perfectly Because of all the hassle you put me through, you must send this to the following Canadian address: Bryle Cuff 715 Bowler Street New Westminster, BC V3M 4V6 Once I receive the new phone, I will return your phone provided you pay return shipping.

Note - Phone is question was advertised as used and not new.

First off Do Not send A  Replacement.

When he opens a return request, select return for refund/issue label.

The return label will be his problem he needs to mail it back using the USPS so he wil have to bring it to the US to mail.

Refund only when returned. If he does not mail out within 5 days of you issuing the label for the return call ebay and start trying to get the return request closed in YOUR favor.

As for the FB he left that was FB extortion by demanding you send another phone to another address or else.

Call ebay to have that removed, it will take a few times. Here is the policy to have in hand when calling.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

"The buyer isn't allowed to threaten to use Feedback or detailed seller ratings in an attempt to force a seller into providing:
Goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price.
A return, refund, or replacement item."

Let us know:)

I would also block his ID, so he can not purchase another item from you.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

While the FB is removable, you deserve it for having a deceptive listing. You either need to list it properly as a multiple variation listing, or if thats not available for the category, list each condition of phone separately To be clear this is what Im talking about:

OFFERS

Less than $199 will be rejected

$200- $220: phone only, cosmetic conditions 7.5/10 (some scratches- screen or body, chips, and/or dents)

$221-$240: phone only, cosmetic conditions 8.5/10 (minor scratches- not on screen maybe on body, chips, and/or dents), May come with cable and chargers

$240 above – phone, cable, charger and headphone, mint cosmetic conditions no scratches, dents, or chips)

NOTE:

When placing order add a message as follows;

Carrier - AT&T

MOD - GSM/LTE

USA

ROM – Viper

Or

Carrier Sprint

MOD - CDMA/LTE

USA

ROM – Sprint Stock not rooted

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Exactly!  That was what I alluded to earlier.  Thanks for copying and pasting the whole condition field.  I posted that partially.

Op has done well to have sold 15 before this issue came up.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

OMG Its a wonder the OP hasnt had more issues or had that listing shut down!
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

This isn't the original listing, this is like a week old now.

What I do now is the agree with each buyer on what he or she is receiving before shipping out. 

That includes the phone pictures with the imei details.

One of them just even gave a positive feedback this afternoon.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@biztech1074 wrote:

This isn't the original listing, this is like a week old now.

What I do now is the agree with each buyer on what he or she is receiving before shipping out. 

That includes the phone pictures with the imei details.

One of them just even gave a positive feedback this afternoon.

Fix your current listing. Either list each phone on its own or do a variation listing. Im pretty sure your listing is one giant policy violation.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html
Selecting product details from our catalog that aren't an exact match with what you're listing isn't allowed. Here are a couple of examples:

If you're selling a paperback book, don't provide info for the hardcover version.

If you're selling a video game controller, don't provide product details for a video game console.

Selecting product details that are similar to—but don't exactly match—the item for sale isn't allowed. For example, if you list an Android phone, don't include info about the iPhone.

Choosing an item condition that does not match your item, such as a "New" item condition for an item that has been used.

Contradicting your item condition in item specifics with photos or your item description.

Including terms in the wrong field of your listing, such as including shipping terms in the Condition description field of the item.

Including extra or unrelated keywords or brands in your item specifics.

Including information that is not specific to that field, such as a color in the manufacturer part number or the brand of your item in the item specific for size.

Using inaccurate information such as "Does not apply" or "N/A" for required product information (such as brand, UPC, or MPN) when the manufacturer has provided that information for your product.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/listing-variations.html
Your phones dont qualify for variation listings so each needs to be sold separately if the condition varies

Message 23 of 23
latest reply