cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SALES

is ebay pushing sellers out on purpose?  i cannot figure out what else could be going on.  my sales are down 74% in last month.  68% down from last year.  i have done everything i can do to my listings. i contact ebay over and over again and they always say they will look into it but never follow up like they say they will nor does anything change. i guess i need to downgrade my store...can't afford it anymore.  What a joke this has become.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

NO SALES

How much is the market down in the categories you are down 74% & 68%??

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

2.3 in last month 

4 in last year

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

You have some cute stuff..

Your prices are reasonable, shipping very fair & decent photos too..

Sales seem to be down across the board- last year was a booming year due to many people staying home & shopping online so we can't expect those types of sales.

eBay was tweaking with the search again and that is not helping.. Even as an experienced eBayer searching for specific items to BUY has been tough. 

I hope it picks up for you.. I hope it picks up for all of us. 

PS: Super cute name!!  

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

😊

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

@thepinkbunny 

Same for us - we will have several really nice days and then it drops back to nothing almost.  Several posts on this every day.  I had thought recently perhaps things were getting back on track - unfortunately, for many of us, that is truly not the case.  Wish I had ideas for you, for all of us - it is stressful many days right now.  Good luck (sincerely) to you and all of us.  Between the sale(s) cliff dives and fraud - it is getting harder to justify being here.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

100% the same here - some days we're seeing non stop sales doing a couple grand and the next day absolutely 0. 

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

I don't think ebay is pushing sellers away. 

A couple of things;

The past couple of years have been crazy for sales so that is hard to judge.

Some items are on fire, while others can't get a sale. 

Do you promote your items? Now that ebay has become saturated you need to be at the top. 

Do you end and restart your items or let them sit? Relisting them as sell similar puts you up at the top temporarily. 

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

i contact ebay over and over again and they always say they will look into it but never follow up like they say they will nor does anything change.

Total waste of time.  eBay can only give you a few tools to work with, they can't control the market.

NO SALES

Last year was a bit of an anomaly in eCommerce because people were afraid to go outside. Could still go to some places. But some states would heavily restrict that as well (not allowed to buy seeds for instance). Not to mention that some people were able to make more on unemployment vs their regular job (assuming they weren't let go) because of the Fed boost. So they just had money to burn. And the only place to do that was online stores.

Now some states are getting rid of the unemployment boost and people are going outside.

If you were selling here a while (and are able to), it'd be best to compare sales to 2019. Maybe even 2018. From what I've gathered, May to July is usually slow as it is. So try to take that into account as well.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

@thepinkbunny wrote:

i contact ebay over and over again 

Hello Ebay,   Nobody wants to buy my stuff. What are you going to do about it?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

My take on this issue is that, as the quarantine eases up, more and more buyers are returning to going out to B&M stores for their shopping needs.

Personally, I haven't changed my shopping habits, but, then again, as a retiree I am not a big shopper to begin with.

And at 88, the traffic should be out my door instead of into my house.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

@retailtechoutlet

Agree.....today ended up being fruitful, but yesterday was like watching paint dry.  Our promoted impressions were way down yesterday - today, there is a spike.  

Maybe all the Amazon prime hoopla drew folks somewhere else for a couple of days, who knows.  But when your promoted listings impressions randomly go off a cliff about every 2-3 days, it is the site....just no idea why, except my guess is it is truly a "pay to play" platform.  I am not willing to raise our percentages above where we are, so I guess some days it is not our turn to be promoted.  😞

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

It's gone into the dog days for clothing sales and you have a lot of off-season stuff.  For small fashion sellers seasonality is everything.  I know, I'm also a very small fashion seller.  Examine what you've got running because you need to keep what people are looking for now.  Those giant sellers can get away with a lot of off-season stuff - we can't.  Start listing more spring/summer and keep it fresh.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

NO SALES

@thepinkbunny wrote:

is ebay pushing sellers out on purpose?  

Unless you violate an Ebay policy, Ebay will love to keep you. They never push anyone out. It is up the the seller if they chose to quit.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply