cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWBIE SELLERS...For the love of GAWD Please stop giving everything AWAY!

I will never understand why all these Newbie sellers ruin a good profit margin FOR EVERYONE,....if you only want to make $5 on an item why even come on here??? Experienced sellers have made $40 on items in the past for years only to see newbies come on and cut prices NEEDLESSLY BY OVER 80%......My GAWD Newbies...lets ALL try and make some money instead of just going for the lowest profit margin imagineable.

Message 1 of 231
latest reply
230 REPLIES 230

@greatpartsgooddeals wrote:

I will never understand why all these Newbie sellers ruin a good profit margin FOR EVERYONE,....if you only want to make $5 on an item why even come on here??? Experienced sellers have made $40 on items in the past for years only to see newbies come on and cut prices NEEDLESSLY BY OVER 80%......My GAWD Newbies...lets ALL try and make some money instead of just going for the lowest profit margin imagineable.

ALL SELLERS are allowed to list for whatever amount they want..always have been. No other seller is responible for your profit margin. You will need to figure out how to complete even of that means your profit margin is not as much...or maybe sell something else where you can have a better profit margin.
Competition is part of selling and always has been.

And nothing is what it used to be and now some sellers have to work harder than they used to to make the same. It is just how things are.
But you cannot tell people what amount to sell for or expect them to care about your profit margins.

Message 2 of 231
latest reply

if you only want to make $5 on an item why even come on here??? Experienced sellers have made $40 on items in the past for years only to see newbies come on and cut prices

If the demand for these items outstripped the supply, these newbie sellers would quickly run out of inventory and prices would rise again. If that is not happening, it is a sign that the market for those items is saturated. 

Message 3 of 231
latest reply

That is correct. They do run out of them and then the items will recover after some months. I have been selling on here for 20 years. this is a posting ID. the point is that there is NO REASON to come on here and cut profit margins by 80%... why bother even selling on here if you only want to make 5 bucks when you could make 35 bucks.......

Message 4 of 231
latest reply

That is correct. They do run out of them and then the items will recover after some months. I have been selling on here for 20 years. this is a posting ID. the point is that there is NO REASON to come on here and cut profit margins by 80%... why bother even selling on here if you only want to make 5 bucks when you could make 35 bucks.......

A lot of sellers are just trying to get rid of stuff they don't want or need anymore and make a few bucks in the process.  They're listing it because they want it gone, not because they care about how much they get for it.  And that's their right.

Message 5 of 231
latest reply

Because ebay says they can come here and sell for whatever they want or need.
And the only reason this would bother you so much that you say they should not evenbe alllowed to sell is that they are selling a lot more while you are waiting for sales...or that the market dictated you had to lower your prices to compete

Message 6 of 231
latest reply

If you feel someone is selling an item way to cheap just buy them out and resell at the price you want.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 7 of 231
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

If you feel someone is selling an item way to cheap just buy them out and resell at the price you want.

Correct. If the OP is constantly seeing items at 80% off the rate at which buyers are always paying then the OP should BUY EVERY ONE OF THEM. I have a feeling there are none selling at 80% off the going rate but instead the ones asking the higher price are just sitting there collecting dust.

OP, if it is true sellers are selling those items at 80% off AND there are really buyers willing to pay 80% MORE then that, please post the item numbers. I will take them all off Ebay for you and sell them myself at the higher rate.

Message 8 of 231
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@smenkveld wrote:

Correct. If the OP is constantly seeing items at 80% off the rate at which buyers are always paying then the OP should BUY EVERY ONE OF THEM. I have a feeling there are none selling at 80% off the going rate but instead the ones asking the higher price are just sitting there collecting dust.

OP, if it is true sellers are selling those items at 80% off AND there are really buyers willing to pay 80% MORE then that, please post the item numbers. I will take them all off Ebay for you and sell them myself at the higher rate.

This is kinda obvious.

Message 9 of 231
latest reply

HAHAHA No thanks I am going to buy them all up myself!

Message 10 of 231
latest reply

But who are you to say that the $40.00 is the RIGHT price?

I was looking for a N Y Yankees license plate today. I found a bunch of them in and around $10.00. As a dealer myself I know what the wholesale cost is and around $10.00 is a fair price with a typical profit margin.

BUT if you do a search by “price highest” you will find a few being offered as high as $80.00. FOR EXACTLY THE SAME $10.00 PLATE !!!!!!!!

I can’t help but wonder if the OP is the $80.00 plate guy. If a seller is GROSSLY overcharging they have NO complaint if someone comes along at a reasonable markup and cuts the heart out of their greed.

Message 11 of 231
latest reply

ANYTHING is WORTH what someone is willing to pay for it.....You have 5 sellers selling an item consistently for 50 bucks for over 5 months and along comes "Polly wanna cracker Newbie" with 5 of those items and sells them all for 20 dollars and NEEDLESSLY lowers the price bar for everyone. LETS ALL MAKE SOME MONEY ON STUFF WE CAN MAKE MONEY ON!

Message 12 of 231
latest reply

ANYTHING is WORTH what someone is willing to pay for it.....You have 5 sellers selling an item consistently for 50 bucks for over 5 months and along comes "Polly wanna cracker Newbie" with 5 of those items and sells them all for 20 dollars and NEEDLESSLY lowers the price bar for everyone. LETS ALL MAKE SOME MONEY ON STUFF WE CAN MAKE MONEY ON!

I thought you said you were buying them all out?? Did you change your mind???

Message 13 of 231
latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.​​​​​​​
Message 14 of 231
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

Because even if the item price is cheap when you include shipping, that takes the meat off the bone for re-selling. 

Message 15 of 231
latest reply