cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listing was removed because it was "counterfeit" when other sellers have the same item listed.

Hello everyone, today I had a listing removed because it was found to be "counterfeit" but it turns out that when I look up the same exact item, others have it listed as well and don't seem to be removed. 

Has anyone else had this issue and how do I list my item again?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

My listing was removed because it was "counterfeit" when other sellers have the same item listed.

Rember what Mom used to say? It doesn't matter what the other kids are doing.

eBay enforcement is arbitrary and inconsistent. Everyone who has had an item removed can point to identical or similar listings that are still running. Whatever you do, don't relist a removed item or you risk worse consequences from eBay.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Counterfeit means your item was determined to be fake, it doesn't mean that all the examples of that item in existence are fake. Those listings are still up because they haven't been deemed counterfeit.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I completely understand that it doesn't matter what others are doing but in this instance, I have a generic term that is not a brand name describing the item. 

I won't relist the item, it's a small item but it just sucks. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@we_found_it_for_you 

What was the item? 

Would you post pictures? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I've been an ebay seller for about 13 years now and it's frustrating, this is the first time and it's not even an counterfeit item.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

"... others have it listed as well and don't seem to be removed."

@we_found_it_for_you 

You could always report the other listings, but it's kind of a counter-productive use of your time, IMHO.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@we_found_it_for_you wrote:

Has anyone else had this issue and how do I list my item again?

Plenty of people have had this issue.

eBay has 1.5 billion listings, and their policy enforcement has never been comprehensive, timely, or accurate. 

eBay has told you not to list your item. The end. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I was thinking about that but it would that doesn't help me. I'm not going to report other sellers, it would just be nice to not be the random chosen one. If that makes sense. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

It is a Chicago Bulls charm for the Crocs Shoes. 

I never said it was the Croc brand, Jibbitz, which those are the official Crocs brand of shoe charms. I titled it as "Chicago Bulls Basketball team Charm for Crocs Shoes"

(not to bring up other sellers, but I have seen other sellers actually say Jibbitz and it is not a Jibbitz in fact. 

I'm debating whether it was the use of the name, Chicago Bulls. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

If you are a seller I hope you don't experience this but I wish you the best of luck in the future!

Thank you for your response.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

It is a Chicago Bulls charm for the Crocs Shoes. 

@we_found_it_for_you 

I was today-years-old when I learned that there were charms for Crocs. 🤣

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

They just removed my item and it’s not counterfeit and I had a nice auction going for the first time in a long time really tics me off

And there are still others running just like mine. In fact, I I went through the completed listings to figure out what to charge

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Yeah and when you DO report them and the AI bots find them NOT to be fake YOU get a warning about making too many "frivolous reports".

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@we_found_it_for_you 

Is it genuine?

Message 15 of 19
latest reply