cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My buyer is sending me presents.

I sold this guy a sim card. He messaged me thanking me for the excellent service. He said that he would be sending me something via snail mail. I thought it would be bible verses or something, not sure. But it turned out to be a thank-you letter with a $10 bill in it. Then a week later, he sent a blank piece of paper with a $20 bill in it.

I will be giving the money to charity, but what is going on?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@lismetoo wrote:

I sold this guy a sim card. He messaged me thanking me for the excellent service. He said that he would be sending me something via snail mail. I thought it would be bible verses or something, not sure. But it turned out to be a thank-you letter with a $10 bill in it. Then a week later, he sent a blank piece of paper with a $20 bill in it.

I will be giving the money to charity, but what is going on?

I don't know, the card was nice, but to me, now it is getting creepy.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Possibly an lonely person?  Someone with dementia? My mom did al kinds of strange things while she was alive.

i would write them, thank them and then tell them that you have to donate it to charity your "company" doesn't allow gifts. Then stop responding.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@lismetoo

It's called paying it forward, Happens all the time in the real world.

On the news a bit back at a fast food joint, 

driver says I will pay for the car behind me,

This went on for two hours with no interuption.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

People are strange.

Some have more time than sense.  Some have more money than they need or want to spend on 'things'.  Some don't have family, but still want to share (it IS getting to be that time of year).  Some are lonely.  Some are 'living in another world'.  Some should be under a doctor's care.  Some are of an older, kinder society.  Some have different values and do kindness because they want to - without being told or ordered.

If the person isn't local, I wouldn't start out being too concerned.  Tell the person 'Thank you' and ask them to please help others that might need it more.

Then, if it continues, start to become concerned.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I don't know, but I wish I had your problems....preferably in large bills....

Why look a gift horse in the mouth? It's the giving season 🙂 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Maybe the sim card is still active on someone elses account ..... Smiley Surprised

Maybe it's Mr. C's billionaire sandpaper seller being generous this ho-ho-holiday season

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Maybe it's Mr. C's billionaire sandpaper seller being generous this ho-ho-holiday season

Smiley Very Happy

Well, after all, he did say he got paid for that sandpaper more than twice!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@lismetoo

I'd wait for at least two more, I'd like to see if your next one is a fifty, followed by a $100. That would be great! And sock monkey has a great idea, those chains are so cool. With that much, you would pay for quite the chain at Starbucks, and if the others chip in and keep it going, everyone that day could be part of it!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I will be giving the money to charity, but what is going on? lismetoo --

Nothing except you luckily ran into a decent person who knows how to be thankful . Cherish  this person   because his kind are getting more scarce . 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Perhaps it's just "the season." 

In this day and age where many buyers don't even take the time to leave feedback, I've had two personal notes written to say thanks for the item, the speedy shipping and great packing.  It's nice to hear something nice sometimes.

Enjoy your gifts!

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

Perhaps it's just "the season." 

In this day and age where many buyers don't even take the time to leave feedback, I've had two personal notes written to say thanks for the item, the speedy shipping and great packing.  It's nice to hear something nice sometimes.

Enjoy your gifts!

Oh for sure, and I could understand a thank you card or nice letter, but first $10, and then later $20? As a thank you for a sim card? A sim card costs like what, $10 at the most?  Maybe I'm jaded, but that seems a little...off to me.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Well, after all, he did say he got paid for that sandpaper more than twice!

Guess that's why he's a billionaire ...............