cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My buyer is in another country. Buyer uses a U.S. shipping address.

Sold a guitar to a guy who shows a U.S. address. Come to find out, it's called "PARAGUAYBOX".  I don't sell outside lower 48!  Do I have to still sell to this South American?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@makeuacaster wrote:

Sold a guitar to a guy who shows a U.S. address. Come to find out, it's called "PARAGUAYBOX".  I don't sell outside lower 48!  Do I have to still sell to this South American?

If you don't want to deal with these situations, and I fully understand why, set your Paypal for US payments only and people from outside the US can't pay you.

Has it already been paid for.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@rolenboy01 wrote:

I got my item to the forwarder safely and still got negged and couldn't get it removed how you explain that one? according to your post it couldn't happen so I'd say you are being misleading.

@rolenboy01  -   No, not misleading.  

eBay's Money Back Guarantee and the usual seller's responsibility to honor it unless the buyer does something to make it null and void (like re-ship the item to another location), has nothing to do with a buyer's ability to leave Feedback.

Defects and feedback are two different things.  It sounds like you think they are one in the same.

FYI, though it's preferable to have good feedback as it is a resource buyers can consult to judge the quality/reputation of a buyer, it hasn't counted as a valid measurement/metric for sellers as far as eBay is concerned for several years now.   

IOW, **bleep** feedback isn't going to get you sanctioned by eBay.   As time goes on, the neutrals/negs will also drop off the first page of your profile as other new feedback is received.  Very few potential buyers will dig through pages of feedback to see what the neutrals/negs were all about, however, if they do, it's best to keep any rebuttals you make back to a buyer who posted neutral/neg FB professional as it reflects on the type of person/seller you are in the potential buyer's eyes.

Not support/honor eBay's MBG program and other policies that are in force?  Now that will earn you a defect.   Get a couple of those, and you'll be history on eBay regardless -- even if you had a 100% positive feedback score.

HTH

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Location was a factor in the negative because I wouldn't have had to deal with said scamming buyer if they didn't have such a loophole, they were from a high scam country which I blocked for that reason, the condition issue was just a complete fabrication and eBay knows this because he has done it to numerous other sellers by the same buyer, I talked to them all they all said the same thing he negged them because they didn't fall for his extortion attempts.

I don't care that my US buyers are seeing me tell the truth about a scammer who used a loophole to make an international order against my wishes.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

That doesn't work when they use a US account to pay what don't you people understand? 

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

There is a 90% chance this transaction is going to go south good luck OP.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Whether it's a foreign buyer or not - you are open to scams - so even if Joe from Peru couldn't buy your phones with blurry pics - someone else in the US would have and being they still had MBG coverage could have forced a return with you paying return shipping.

It frosts my butt when sellers with such bad attitudes get sales and many good sellers with excellent customer service don't.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

I'm a great seller I only get an attitude when eBay lets a scammer get one over on me.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@makeuacaster wrote:

Google has a feature that will translate.

@makeuacaster

Thank you, yes, I know.  OP can use that if he cares to.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

The buyer using the forwarder would be the one taking a greater risk   Forwarding voids the money back guarantee and even eBay didn't see it was a forwarder they would only make the seller responsible for return shipping from a us addesse which means the buyer would have to pay return costs with tracking  from their country if they won a snad.  Which if that's the tracking they put in a case it might make them then lose the case still 

As others have said feedback is whole different issue.  The forwarding voids buyer protection it doesn't prevent feedback. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@rolenboy01 wrote:

That doesn't work when they use a US account to pay what don't you people understand? 

Yes it does if you set up a proper block for non US Paypal accounts. Address has absolutely no bearing if they don't have a US Paypal account.

If they are using a US Paypal account, you have to ship or take a defect.

This is not a scam, but just the way the system works.

I have multiple ID.s and Paypal accounts to buy with, and am not a scammer. I just work with the system.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

OP, if the item has not been paid for - then immediately go to your paypal account and under preferences block any payment from any nonUS account and any payment not in US dollars.

That will keep them from paying you and then you just file the Unpaid Item dispute on them after a few days and get your FVFs back.

If the buyer has paid you then you have to ask yourself - do you want to lose the item and the money?  Because if you ship that item, the odds are good ( I say better than 90%) the buyer will claim damage/switchout and you will do both.   You can fight the case because of the reshipper, but if you do not understand exactly what to do and that the odds on you winning even if you do everything right are slim, you can still lose the item and the money.   Will a defect on your account hurt you less than losing the item/money?

I will never ship to central/south america and try to never ship to reshippers to there.  But then again, I don't list anything worth over $100 on ebay.

(*Bleep*)
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

I'm aware this is how the "system works" but it certainly isn't right for me when in the end it's going to an international buyer in a high scam country against my wishes, an yes i'm aware the scam could happen with someone in the USA but atleast I have more recourse in that situation and I accepted that responsibility by selling to the USA.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

What would you do if someone from Russia ( you don't know that in advance) bought  an item, had it shipped to a friend in the US and paid with the fiends Paypal account.

What would you do?

In this day and age, buyers could be anywhere you don't ship to and it would not stop them.

You may possibly want to rethink all of this so you don't drive yourself crazy for nothing.

With your feedback, your whole attitude surprises me.

Maybe because I have a website it doesn't bother me because you really never know what will happen in advance.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

What would you do if someone from Russia ( you don't know that in advance) bought  an item, had it shipped to a friend in the US and paid with the fiends Paypal account.

What would you do?

In this day and age, buyers could be anywhere you don't ship to and it would not stop them.

You may possibly want to rethink all of this so you don't drive yourself crazy for nothing.

With your feedback, your whole attitude surprises me.

Maybe because I have a website it doesn't bother me because you really never know what will happen in advance.

I would be fine with that as long as it ships to US address and pays with US PayPal account. I just don't want to pay the extra PayPal fee for out of the US payments.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@makeuacaster  Had a sale like the other day.  Based out of the US but with a US shipping address.  They are either having it sent to a forwarder or they have a friend or relative they have things sent to.  As we are only responbile for delivering to the US address provided then it's really no big deal.  It's very common.  

Relax Smiley Happy I'm sure all will be OK with shipping of your sale.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 30 of 31
latest reply