cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Vision for Ebay Heaven for small Vintage /Antique and even small entrepreneurial sellers

Image you hit the home page of Ebay and its working, you see this inviting door that offers you the Ebay Original or Classic experience. You click on it and low and behold opens this new world unseen by many of todays buyers, but a fond memory for some that are still here. Many would like to share this experience, but's not here anymore. ;(

There's a search box at the top. You enter you search term a like old pottery mixing bowl and there they are 800 of them, so we add blue and narrow it down. No bike, clothes, dolls, cd came up, so it went pretty fast finding our mixing bowl. 😉 You message the seller and they assure you they can have to you at your location in a week to 10 days, properly packed. You let them know you are looking for the pitcher too. They add it to their list for you and will let you know if they come across one or they see one on here through another seller. I know this seller will work with me if there is something wrong with my bowl when it arrives because we have a relationship and they are my go to for items I want to find and I trust them. I recommend my friends because my experiences have been good. 

That was easy. Now lets pop over to discussions where collectors are comparing collections and discussing whats up for auction. Sellers are discussing finds and not technical glitches , fraud and false INAD returns. 

Somewhere someone starts a conversation of whats the rarest varation of glaze on a particular pottery. A place to educate others about history, what a great home with a community feel. A new buyer just popped in, they are welcomed. A new seller lists and they have mistakenly placed a reproduction up as new , so we educate and encourage research before posting. 

Time to order those couple of items I need for the house that I know a small seller I have dealt with before offers from her home. I know its a little more, butI like knowing she is going to put a little note in thanking me for my business and wishing me well for the holidays. I like to help her in her business too. She refers her friends to our site when they are trying to locate something. 

There is a market for virtually anything, if the person in need can find it. Used to be Ebay was the one place you could count on. 

Dam, I don't mind those fees now, Well maybe the ones for shipping,,,, really hate the FVF shipping fees.

Ok, I know. I just woke up 😞  

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

My Vision for Ebay Heaven for small Vintage /Antique and even small entrepreneurial sellers

I was thinking of that big porcelain device, you push the silver handle and everything swirls around in a downward spiral, then it's gone, and in minutes you forget all about the whole thing.

Message 46 of 49
latest reply

Think of Blockbuster Video. They were the big boys, they did whatever they want, abused their customers blatantly, made up the rules and changed them every other day. They really treated people badly. Netflix and Redbox came along and killed them off.  They are gone now. I have yet to see anyone who misses them. They only had one thing going, they were huge.

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

Sounds like the ebay I originally signed up for. Maybe someone somewhere will start a new site that mirrors the old ebay. If so, I'm there!

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

No site is going to be successful telling buyers "too bad, so sad". That is one of the reasons Ebay changed the rules. The site would have to go back to taking paper payments only and buyers would have no recourse. When they can buy things other places backed by their credit cards, why would they go to a site to be willingly ripped off like they were here in the old days?

Message 49 of 49
latest reply