cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must be the season to harass Sellers On eBay

I think it would be great idea if eBay could make it where you could block messages from people that purposely harass you through messages for no reason what so ever. Even when they are not buying stuff from you or have never bought anything from you.

I think its great that you can put them on your blocked bidders list.  But that don't shut their mouths.

It would be very easy to add block messages from a-hole people that try to extort you or message you about one of your items for sale to start **bleep** with you. I mean I could go into great detail of what these a-holes say but I am sure you are quite aware already. 

If you warn someone not to send you any more messages or you are going to report them to eBay and they keep on with their mouth calling you names and all kinds of stuff then send you 6 more messages that are just nasty.

I think it could work:

I realize we need to be able to communicate with buyers or sellers but even I could create a system that would work. they get a warning to stop messaging and if they don't contact eBay in some way  for block..it could even be automated maybe.

I mean this nis getting ridiculous, I could not be the only one here being attacked. eBay should stop this just because these people may buy something sure don't give them the right to do that crap.

Thanks for reading my post.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can block messages from people on the BBL.

There is a box to check to not allow messages…

Dont read or respond to anymore messages.

You can report them. I’m not sure how much good it would do.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

You can block messages from people on the BBL.

There is a box to check to not allow messages…

Dont read or respond to anymore messages.

You can report them. I’m not sure how much good it would do.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Where is that box at

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Rule #1 is don't correspond with these people.  If you want to block them, do so, then enable block messages.  They can still contact you, but they have to go around another way to do it. If you answer their annoying message, then they can contact you through that listing whether you block them or not.

Rule #2 is ignore them.

Rule #3 is ignore them.

Rule #4 is archive their messages - if they cause you trouble, you'll have an audit trail, but they'll probably go off and hassle somebody else.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Can you block a individuals messages? I still need to get messages from good people.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@paullee707  Using the block will only block messages from the individual you put on your block bidder list (and only if you do NOT answer their message - don't tell them to stop harassing you or engage them in any way - that's what they want) - it won't block messages from anyone else.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Worth noting users can circumvent message block by using the contact member link on your feedback page.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

There is a simple solution - just delete the messages.  It is like getting junk mail - I just throw it away.  Being insulted and offended is a choice.  

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thank you:) That is very helpful. I will try my hardest to ignore them...not sure if I can but I will try lol.

I will do the rest of what you said for sure.

Wishing you the best:)

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

Thank you:) That is very helpful. I will try my hardest to ignore them...not sure if I can but I will try lol.

I will do the rest of what you said for sure.

Wishing you the best:)

Do better than your hardest to ignore them- it really p****s them off LOL

First hint of trouble in a message - add buyer to your BBL and ignore any more of their messages by deleting before reading.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

And Do Not Respond. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Do not respond but do not delete...start a 'harassment ' file and move all the messages there in case you need them later.  If they are really bad I would even print them out and keep hard copies.  Having been stalked and harassed twice in my life there isn't too much that you can do to protect yourself.  Most cases end up with the stalker moving on, but some don't.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I agree. All messages need to go through ebay and it should be monitored.  As a customer since 2009 this is my 2nd account since 2014. I lost the first one lol

But in all these years I have never had any problems until christmas 2022 the harassment started. Its been going on for a few days. Nothing can be done about it. Except block on my google email. I won't read messages on my ebay account. The lame answers this community has servers no purpose at all. Ebay needs to take charge of their forum, filter and monitor the behavior in this store. No store would allow this behavior of so the police would show up and someone would be cited into court. Threats mean auto arrest. Ebay needs to get it together

After this situation I'm rethinking my account. Amazon or walmart.com doesn't have this issue at all. Them and Roman Games might get all my money from here on out. Ridiculous

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply