cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple counter offers - need assistance

I have listed an item for sale.  I received a counter-offer from a prospective buyer and then I counter-offered.  Have not heard back from them (says my offer is good until March 3) .  I then received another counter-offer from a different prospective buyer that I would like to accept.  Am I allowed to do that or do I have to wait for the first person to respond again?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Accept offer get paid and ship. You do not need to wait. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Am I allowed to do that....

Yes.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Do I need to let the 1st prospective buyer know this or just accept the other buyer's offer and then it is done?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Accept the offer, receive the money and ship the item. There is no rule on waiting for a buyer to respond, he did not put a deposit down or anything like that, he is interested in the item, but at a lower price. He is taking a chance that no other prospective buyer is interested on goods.

However, I'm curious as well, please report back once you accept offer and get paid, I'm wondering if eBay will do anything on the pending counteroffer, just curious.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Why, this is similar to when you are looking at buying a ticket and a pop up come sup saying "only 2 seats left" Bird in hand is better than 100 in the bushes. If he truly wanted the item, he should have bought it and paid for it. Let that be a lesson to him. He can not give you negative feedback. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, you can accept the offer, no you do not have to wait to hear from the other buyer.  The one offer will be denied when you accept the other offer.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks everyone for your assistance.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply