cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Purchase discount and sending offers, do they both apply?

If I have an item listed for $10, and have multi purchase discounts applied, 10% off 2, 15% off 3, and 20% off 4.

If I send a 20% offer to watchers, and they purchase 2, do they get 30% off, or 10% then 20% off or just the discount of the 20% offer?

Thanks !

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's one offer per purchase. They are not combined. 

If I am incorrect some one will be along to correct me.

Things to remember when using a coupon or discount offer:

• Coupons and discount offers are only valid for a limited time, so always check the expiration date
  • You can only use one coupon or offer per purchase
  • Always check the terms and conditions for full details of the coupon or offer so you understand the requirements and know what's included and what's not before you get to checkout
  • Coupons and discount offers cannot be transferred between eBay accounts
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I believe if the offer you send is accepted then Multi purchase discount won't be applied. If they don't accept your offer then the multi purcahse discount will apply. 

I hope that makes sence lol . I needs more caffiene.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

When you send out offers and someone accepts, they can't change the quantity. They can only buy one. It wouldn't be fair to a seller if a buyer sent out an amazing offer and the buyer bought 100 at the discounted price. But don't you worry, eBay will consider that offer you sent a PROMOTED SALE and charge you the AD FEE STANDARD because it was their promoting that caused that buyer to add your listing to their watchlist.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The OP never said anything about PL 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It wouldn't be fair to the seller if they sent out the offers, NOT BUYER.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

When you send out offers and someone accepts, they can't change the quantity. They can only buy one. It wouldn't be fair to a seller if a buyer sent out an amazing offer and the buyer bought 100 at the discounted price. But don't you worry, eBay will consider that offer you sent a PROMOTED SALE and charge you the AD FEE STANDARD because it was their promoting that caused that buyer to add your listing to their watchlist.

I have sent offers before that have been accepted.  I wasn't charged any additional fee by ebay that I'm aware of.  Unless of course the buyer watched the item from a PL, then I would be. 

I'm aware of that scenario, which prompted my question.  I want to send an offer on a multi quantity listing that is promoted at 10%, with the multi purchase discount topping out at 20%.  I just don't want both discounts being applied, and ebay getting their commission, plus their 10%.  One discount plus ebay's fee and Ad fee is enough. 

So in effect, I'm attempting to offer the 20% discount on a purchase of less than 4 items.

Clear as mud, huh?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply