cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving up to a store

I have a few questions. I have been selling items on ebay and am thinking of upgrading to a store. I have a few questions hopefully someone out there can help me.

1) Will my current listings migrate to my store or will I have to list them again?

2) Currently I have been getting 200 free listings a month. If I set them to relist if an item doesn't get any bids they relist automatically 8 times, 10 days each time. So even though I get 200 free listings a month I have around 500 items up for auction. Do store listings work the same way? If my store plan provides 1,000 listings can I list them relist 8 times, 10 days each at no charge and end up with more than 1,000 items listed without inccuring any extra charges unless of course I list more than a thousand items or relist more than 1,000 items that have expired?

3) How does buy it now listings work? If I list an item buy it now and it automatically renews every month does that count against my thousand or can I list 1,000 buy it now items a month and my unsold buy it now items just keep going at no cost until they sell?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Moving up to a store

1. As long as you're upgrading from your existing store/account, yes, everyone will migrate seamlessly and you will not have to relist

2. You get 1,000 free active listings at a time. Let's say you have 1,000 listing and you list something. You now have 999 free listings. If you end that listing you have 1,000 again. If you relist it you go back to 999. So a listing an active listing counts no matter what and there's no way to game that system

3. Yes, it counts against your 1,000 because it's still an active listing. As long as a listing is active it counts against your total for the month in question, even if the listing renewed from a previous month

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Moving up to a store

Thanks for the info. Question 2 stumps me a bit. With the 200 free listings a month because of the listings going for 80 days I've had 500 items listed at a time only paying for the final value fee on only sold items. So the store is different it's just a flat 1,000 items if your plan calls for 1,000 items no matter the length of the listing.?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Moving up to a store

Yes

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Moving up to a store

To be clear if you have 1000 free listings store they are all buy it now listings. You will need to pay for auctions. I mention this since I saw the word bid. Unsold buy it nows relist automatically every month and will be deducted each month from your 1000 free listings. They good thing about 1000 free BIN listings you save on fees especially if you have several hundred listings. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Moving up to a store

I would suggest starting with a Basic Store.  Then see how you do with that.  You can always upgrade your store even if you do a one year subscription [lower monthly fees], you just can't downgrade it without penalty.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Moving up to a store

1. They will migrate.

2.  If you sign up for a Store subscription, you will probably automatically get switched to the Advanced version of the listing form (AKA the "business tool") and lose the free auction relists.  The free insertions that you get with a Store subscription are counted separately for fixed price and auction format, if you sign up for a store at the "Basic" level or above. To get 1,000 free auction-format insertions, you'd have to sign up for the "Anchor" level store, which costs $300 per month for an annual commitment, $350 for month-to-month.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122

3.  When a fixed price listing rolls over each month, it uses up one of your free insertions for that month.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply