cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More problems with Buyer

If you saw my earlier post I had someone complain about an item before they received it and claim that it was opened when it definitely was not it was an unopened pristine new Barbie. They wanted to return it. At first I said no because They hadn’t even received it and I didn’t allow returns. It had already been shipped by this time. After coming on this forum and getting some advice from other people I went ahead and told them they could return it unopened by writing refused on the package and dropping it back to the UPS office and when I received it on opened I would then issue a refund. Now they’re demanding that I issued the refund now and Adele send it back to me after I issue the refund. Or what that keep saying is they want me to accept the return request. The only thing I see in my screen is refund and I don’t want to issue a refund until I receive the same item back undamaged. I’m not sure what to do at this point and I do not trust these buyers at all. They have been very difficult. Any advice? Had anyone else had this happen to them? This is an $80 item that I know doesn’t sound a lot but it is my disabled elderly mother’s and I don’t want to take a hit on this because of dishonest buyers.

signed,

frustrated seller 

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

More problems with Buyer

@slbrarevintage4u 

WOW - the Taxi comment.  Either your buyer is an evil scientist who needed barbie for his experiments or they have a hilarious dark sense of humor.  

Either way.  Wow.  lol

Hopefully, soon.....Odette will be on her way back to you, safe and sound.  Good luck and hopefully you get updated tracking on Monday.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 38 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

More problems with Buyer

You missed some other advice in your previous thread. Stop communicating with this person. You don't have to refund until the doll is returned to you. At this point, 'refund' is the only thing you see on your screen, but you don't have to touch it until you get the package back. Now, stop communicating with this person. If they open a Return, accept it. Good luck.

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

And if you HAVE to communicate with this person:

Dear buyer,

I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the item that you have purchased from me. 

Please return the item for a full refund.

Thank you and I am sorry that this transaction did not work out for either one of us.

Seller

Lather, rinse and repeat as often as necessary.

Oh!  And I am quite sure that you have already put them on your blocked buyer's list...

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

Ignore or let them know that "return for refund" and keep repeating that. That's it, nothing else is needed and whatever happens after that happens. When something else happens just proceed from there.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for those wise words. What does it mean when ‘they open a return’ and I accept it?

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I block them before this transaction is returned and refunded? Or will it mess it up? I definitely plan putting them on my BBL. 

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I block them before this transaction is returned and refunded? Or will it mess it up? I definitely plan putting them on my BBL. 

@Anonymous 

You can put them on your BBL now.  The block will be for future purchases.

Personally, I screenshot those buyer's names & addresses and keep the in my "blocked eBay buyers" folder for future reference just in case they try and purchase something from me using another user ID.  If I can match the new ID with the name/address on my blocked buyers list, I can cancel any future attempts at buying and put "problem with buyer's address" as the reason and not get a ding on my selling account.

😁

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for those wise words. What does it mean when ‘they open a return’ and I accept it?

@Anonymous 

My pleasure! It sounds as if the buyer is simply badgering you through messages (?) at this point. If the buyer opens a formal Return request, eBay will message you. You will be given the option to accept or decline it.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

Yes he is relentlessly badgering me. Here is the last message I got 2 minute ago:

if you want you can issue the refund and I’ll just donate it to a Christmas toy drive and send you the receipt as proof. I’m pretty sure your mom paid like 20 bucks for it years ago so you’re really not out of anything. Then we can just be done dealing with each other cause to be honest you’re starting to get on my nerves”

Can I block him from messaging me? I don’t want to mess up the return but honestly he is just badgering me and trying every trick in the book to keep my item while getting a refund.  Worst experience I have had with a buyer by far.  I did report it but I am not confident it will do any good.  Okay only replied ‘no thank you” to the above message. I don’t want him to say I agreed because I didn’t respond - because believe me, he will try that next 🤦🏼‍

slbrarevintage4u 

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

From what you have said so far, it seems the buyer has NOT opened a return request on eBay, correct?  Until he does that there is nothing more for you to do.  He may never open a return and is just trying to get the doll for free as you suspect, it is hard to know for sure but this is a common tactic of some buyers.  He might not even be ABLE to open a return because of past return abuse.

If he opens a return you will get a message from eBay and it will show on your sellers dashboard as having an open return.  You will have 2 days or so to respond to that return.  In the mean time you can just ignore his messages if they are so stressful.  You can block him, it wont effect your current transaction.  He still will be able to message you since you have an open sale even when blocked.  The block is only for future purchase attempts.

I hate to even mention this, but if he gives up on getting a refund from eBay he could contact his credit card company and try to get a refund that way.  But lets not worry about that unless it happens.

The only other choice I see at the moment is to contact the carrier (USPS?) and do an intercept on the package to get it back.  Only you can do this and there is a fee.  It's worth considering but the price of the item makes it questionable financially.  But if it relieves your stress it may be worth it to try to intercept the package since it appears he will not agree to return to sender / refuse?  Check the tracking as see how far it has gotten.

You really should stop responding to his messages unless there is some important to respond to, it is only making matters worse.

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

@slbrarevintage4u wrote:

Yes he is relentlessly badgering me. Here is the last message I got 2 minute ago:

if you want you can issue the refund and I’ll just donate it to a Christmas toy drive and send you the receipt as proof. I’m pretty sure your mom paid like 20 bucks for it years ago so you’re really not out of anything. Then we can just be done dealing with each other cause to be honest you’re starting to get on my nerves”

Can I block him from messaging me? I don’t want to mess up the return but honestly he is just badgering me and trying every trick in the book to keep my item while getting a refund.  Worst experience I have had with a buyer by far.  I did report it but I am not confident it will do any good.  Okay only replied ‘no thank you” to the above message. I don’t want him to say I agreed because I didn’t respond - because believe me, he will try that next 🤦🏼‍

slbrarevintage4u 

@slbrarevintage4u 

Sadly, no, you can't block his messages now, since you had a transaction going. It's time for that one last message.

Go with what @hurryagain suggested in post #3. (Edit the usernames for both you and he, of course.) If the buyer knows of the Money Back Guarantee, the buyer will use it. (If the buyer doesn't know how to use it, it's not your problem.) If you get a message from eBay saying that the buyer has opened a Return request, open it and accept it.

You will have to refund only when the item is returned to you . For what it's worth, I find that if an item sells once, it'll sell again. It's in your best interest to get your item back for a good buyer, plus,  protect your seller metrics. Go ahead and be proactive... put this user on your BBL so that you won't go through this again.

Hang in there with it. You got this. And please keep us posted...

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

I was going to suggest the same thing. Try to intercept the package. The problem is the post office is closed tomorrow. If and that’s a big IF he does return the item it will either be a different item or he will damage it significantly. I know people are telling you not to communicate with them and they are probably right, but I wouldn’t be able to resist saying I’m sorry your item was open when you received it, but your item is in transit right now and it should be delivered to you on such and such date. If you refuse the package and they send it back to me you will be refunded in full.

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

It is supposed to be delivered by Monday I believe if not before. He now keeps asking if I’m going to accept his return request. I simply said if I got a return request from ebay and the information was accurate (I’ve never seen one so not sure what is on it), that I would accept the return.  I have no illusion that this reply will stop the relentless badgering. I have 121 pages of messages from him. It is crazy. 

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

Just ignore the messages.

I get this issue with certain members too, it is really simple, tick the box next to the message, then click delete... Don't open it, don't read it.

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

More problems with Buyer

So looking for a little clarity. When the buyer initially opened what I assume is a NAD claim/case did you accept the return or decline it? You may want to take a look at the MBG and the returns policy. No returns does not mean no refunds. If you declined the return there is a good probability that eBay will, at some point, unilaterally refund the buyer. 

If you accepted the return and provided the return shipping label eBay should have provided the buyer with a date by which they should ship the item back to you. After 15 business days, if they don't see any indicators that the item is on its way back to you, they may close the return and protect you from negative feedback. Some returns may remain open for up to 35 business days. Returns cannot be closed at the request of a seller.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115 

Message 15 of 64
latest reply