cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money from Sale not showing in Paypal?

Hi There,

I'm hoping someone may have some feedback on the following situation.

My paypal balance doesn't reflect a sale just made.

A buyer bought something from my shop 30 minutes ago and my balance didn't increase.

The balance in my Paypal doesn't reflect this new transaction.

The payment looks fine and the system advises "safe to ship". Any idea what may be occurring? Is this a known glitch? I've always had sales from Paypal reflect immediately into my Paypal account.

Thanks for any feedback and hope you have a great day ahead!

🙂

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Many times a scammer will send a fake Paypal email notification that you have been pd and to ship the item - until you see the funds in your acct - do not mail.

But I did have a delayed payment the other day as the money was put into someone else's acct and the buyer had to call and notify them that her payment was sent to the wrong seller.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I know there was a bit of a lag today receiving payment notices from them.  They might be in overdrive with holiday sales.

Since today is Sunday, play it safe, and don't do a darn thing until that payment shows up in PayPal. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If the payment is showing in your Paypal account but just not added to your balance, and Paypal is telling you OK to ship then you should ship.

You may have triggered a temporary Paypal hold for some reason. Do you only sell occasionally?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This happened to me too.. After speaking with paypal  being transferred to 4 diffrent people, they told me "Its just a glitch in our system, it may take up to 72 hours for the payment to post."   I mailed the item when I got my money. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@colorcorrector wrote:

This happened to me too.. After speaking with paypal  being transferred to 4 diffrent people, they told me "Its just a glitch in our system, it may take up to 72 hours for the payment to post."   I mailed the item when I got my money. 

I foresee a monkey wrench thrown into eBay’s Guaranteed Delivery system.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@newview wrote:

@colorcorrector wrote:

I foresee a monkey wrench thrown into eBay’s Guaranteed Delivery system.

And I forsee that the monkey wrench will be  used to beat the seller, not ebay.

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

If the payment is showing in your Paypal account but just not added to your balance, and Paypal is telling you OK to ship then you should ship.

You may have triggered a temporary Paypal hold for some reason.

Held funds will still increase your balance. You just cant withdraw them to cash is all. 

If the payment is showing but the balance did not go up - is that an Echeck? The balance would not go up if the Echeck didnt clear yet - would it?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Call Pay Pal and ask if the payment method was an e check. These do not clear quickly.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@newview

Monkey Wrench...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7rCNiiNPxA

I got pretty good at that on the Guitar Hero ... scored a perfect 100% a few times.

sunglasses

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply