cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximizing Fixed Price Listings

Hello:

Most of the items that I list in fixed-price format sell very close to the start or end periods of the listing cycle. Very few sell in-between those points in time. Before eBay stitched to the perpetual relisting run format, I would relist at lower prices when the listings automatically expired, with pretty solid success. Now, with no definitive end period, I no longer have that ability. Sales seem to have declined as a result.

Questions: (1) Has anyone else experienced this?; (2) Has eBay ever tinkered with implementing a re-listing program for fixed listings where asking prices are automatically decreased, in interval amounts chosen by a seller, after a set period of time, with the newly priced listings re-circulated to the top for more exposure?   

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Look up something called "easy pricing". It exists but eBay sets the amount discounted and the rate at which the price is lowered.

I think it's best to handle price changes on your own. Generally any price decrease of a minimum 5% can help your search placement.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've had good luck using the Good Till Closed pricing. If something doesn't sell the first time thru, I will usually try lowering the price a little. I also try using FREE shipping and not-free shipping, adjusting the prices accordingly, since shipping is NOT free. I also check the Sold Listings for those items to see what others are actually selling theirs for. I read somewhere that if an item didn't sell, then RAISE the price. I have tried that with great success, too. Passing by a number of gas stations, some with very low prices, you may notice that there are often MORE cars buying gas at the higher priced stations. It's the same thing; some people think that a higher price means a better quality item! Human nature and psychology are strange arts! Whatever it takes for us to sell our stuff. Right?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

1) we have all experienced it.

2) do not ever give ebay the ability to help you sell your listing. You keep control.

What i do is keep my listing fresh and compete hard. Used the tools to view past "sold" listings to see both prices paid and how many have sold and how often.

If 42 widgets are for sale and only 5 sold in the last 30 days you need to be selling cheaper than others. If 5 are selling a month and only 2 listed keep your price high etc.

Also use multiple platforms. I sell tons elsewhere when the same items have no traction here. Goodluck
Message 4 of 4
latest reply