cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark down sales

Not sure if there is a way to do this on here. I've poked around but if there is I can't figure it out.

What I'd like to do is what B&M (and online sometimes) stores do when they run a sale for particular items or categories.

Rather than the markdown thing of xx$ off or xx% off, let's say coffee mugs, what I'd like to do is have a sale where for the duration of that sale ALL coffee mugs are reduced to $XX regardless of usual pricing, AND show the original price with a strike through.

Then you could do a banner in store saying what the big boys do - "ALL mugs only $xx for a short time only" blah blah yada yada.

Yes, I KNOW I can go in and bulk edit the pricing to be $xx but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of running it as a 'sale'. 

Any ideas?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Mark down sales

You need a store subscription to use the promotions.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

Thanks, I'm aware of that. This would be on a store ID.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

You can open the marketing tab and under merchandising is Markdown sales. 

I think that may be what you want

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

I know how to do mark down sales. But they only offer sales run with either a $ amount off or a % off.

What I WANT to do is run a sale where every item in a category or selection is being sold at a certain "sale" price, regardless of what the original price was (with a strike through).

Just wanted to know if this was possible and if so, how.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

There is no way to accomplish that with order discounts, markdowns or coupons. Everything takes $ or % off the price.

Unless your mugs are all the same price to start (and if they were then you wouldn't be asking this question), there's no way to say something like all mugs $10.

I suppose you could bulk edit your mugs and make them all the same price, then do a markdown, then do a marketing banner saying all mugs are $10 or whatever. Other than that I have no work-arounds off the top of my head to accomplish what you want to do.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

Yeah, it's a shame though because the bulk edit doesn't emphasise the original price they were. Plus it would be a PITA to edit all the prices then have to edit them back again afterwards.

Plus I don't think the banner shows up on each listing, just in the store, yes?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Yeah, it's a shame though because the bulk edit doesn't emphasise the original price they were. Plus it would be a PITA to edit all the prices then have to edit them back again afterwards.

Storefront software is not very robust, its very basic.  Basically a place to see all listings categorized about it.  Its a huge huge lacking removing common capabilities that small and moderate sized brick and mortar are very very accustomed to as basics.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Say your mugs are priced $12-$15 and you want all mugs to be $10. You could bulk edit all mugs to $15 then run a markdown $5 off. The listings would show strikethrough discount from $15 to $10.

It would show a banner on every listing $5 off items in the markdown just like all other sales. Your store home page is where you can create a custom banner and say $10 mugs for a limited time.

Yes, that leaves the issue of changing pricing of the $12 mugs from $15 to $12 after the sale.

There is another approach you can take:

Run a markdown sale and set up different percent markdowns in the same sale. So $12 mugs you'd discount 17% off and $15 mugs you'd discount 33-34% off. Then all mugs would be nearly the same price - off by a few pennies. It's not perfect but you could try to smoosh it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Mark down sales

Thanks.

Just trying to think of ways to promote & run sales without actually using the PLS.

It's been so slow on here lately, have to come up with something to move some of this inventory out.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply