cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make an offer question

hey everyone,

I'm a new, casual seller and have a question about making an offer. A buyer reached out with a question about a blouse I'm selling. During our friendly exchange, I offered to sell the blouse directly if she made me an offer. She agreed, but when I tried to officially make her an offer through eBay, I learned that my blouse wasn't eligible. My question is: how do I make it eligible (or when will it be eligible) for her to make me an offer?

I felt bad offering her a deal and then telling her I couldn't follow through with it.

Thanks for any advice or ideas!

Alison

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Make an offer question

I don't see a blouse for sale right now, unless it's the "going out top". If it's that one, just revise the listing and add the OBO feature, then the buyer can shoot you an offer.

If it won't allow you to send an offer, maybe that's because the watcher has been there for too long or you had already sent an (unaccepted) offer to that buyer before.

I believe you'll be able to accept an offer if you do the revision. If I'm wrong, hopefully another poster has better info. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Make an offer question

@alisonba 

It sounds like the potential buyer has opted out of receiving offers. When a buyer has opted out you can not send them an offer. 

Buyer could make that same offer amount to you, and you would be able to accept it.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

I don't see a blouse for sale right now, unless it's the "going out top". If it's that one, just revise the listing and add the OBO feature, then the buyer can shoot you an offer.

If it won't allow you to send an offer, maybe that's because the watcher has been there for too long or you had already sent an (unaccepted) offer to that buyer before.

I believe you'll be able to accept an offer if you do the revision. If I'm wrong, hopefully another poster has better info. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

Hi Alison,

You can add the make an offer to your listing if it a fixed listing and not an auction. Buyer can go back and make you the offer you both agreed upon and all will work out. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

Did you want to use the reply with offer function?

If you have exchanged several messages it vanishes, but you can find it on the first message she sent.

@alisonba 

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

Hello. All of the advice given so far has been perfect. The only other option that I sometimes use, especially for new buyers, is to just change the price of the item to our agreed upon price. Then, the buyer does not have to feel stressed by accepting offers. If you do this, caution the buyer to buy the item quickly so that the item does not get scooped up by someone else looking for an extra bargain.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

Very helpful, thank you! The blouse is an auction item, not fixed. I'll keep that in mind for next time!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

I'll go back through our thread and see if that function was in our earlier exchanges. Thank you!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

Ahh, OK! This could be her best option. I'll send her a note before I change the price and see if she's still interested. Thanks so much!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Make an offer question

Great advice (and yes, it's the "going out top!") Thank you!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply