cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Offer but no payment.

I am again asking eBay to have people who make an offer on your item should pay now just like buy it now. The item is not up for auction. Why do people need that long to pay??? NO reason really. If you have the money to shop you have the money to pay. This does nothing but take my items up for sale off the market for zero reasons. My stuff is not on a layaway plan. What is the reason not to make the buyer pay now exactly??? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer makes a offer at 7 AM.

You accept the offer at 8 AM.

Buyer is at work.  Doesn't get home until 6 PM.

Buyer makes a offer on Friday.

You accept the offer on Saturday.

Buyer is on a 2 day vacation. Doesn't get home until Monday.

If you want immediate payment, don't do auctions, don't accept offers and require immediate payment.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

I am again asking eBay to have people who make an offer on your item should pay now just like buy it now. The item is not up for auction. Why do people need that long to pay??? NO reason really. If you have the money to shop you have the money to pay. This does nothing but take my items up for sale off the market for zero reasons. My stuff is not on a layaway plan. What is the reason not to make the buyer pay now exactly??? 

Because when you accept the offer, the buyer is not present to initiate the payment. 

eBay is experimenting with forcing a buyer to enter payment details when they make an offer, but you do not get to choose to participate and I have not heard anything about it lately. 

An alternative for fixed-price items is to lower the price instead of accepting the offer. That leaves it available and gives the alleged buyer an incentive to move quickly or lose the item. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

They don't have it where the person making the offer have to pay for it right then so you can counter the offer or not accept the offer. Some people make  low ball offers trying to get item for dirt cheap so they can resell it for higher.  If they are making the offer when you do not have the set up to have offers you can tell person no and put them on blocked bidder/buyer list.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply