cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain number of items sold when relisting

Hello, discussion boards!

I recently started selling a bit more actively on my account, using the funds I received to provide for more items to sell. However, when listing my items, I always list the quantity available as however many I have at that specific time. This means that when I sell out of items and it is time to purchase more products to stock, I have to relist the item, as the original listing ends when its quantity hits zero.

This, of course, is perfectly fine for my purposes, but I would love if there was a way to maintain the number of items sold that a potential buyer sees when they click on my listing. As is, every time I relist, this number goes back to zero, which may potentially deter customers from purchasing the product.

My purpose in making this thread is simply to ask whether their is a way to sell so that the number of items sold, as seen by buyers browsing the site, does not reset each time I run out of stock of a given item.

If anyone has any suggestions, or needs any clarification on what I am asking for, please let me know!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I sold 397 for one item within 45 days, and I got the same situation. eBay just told me to relist it. Now, I have to restart from 0 sold. Fine, This poor company, Charge me a lot and never help me. eBay will lose, That`s why I do FBA on Amazon and will be a seller on Walmart.  Actually, You will find Wish, Esty, Aliexpress all better than eBay, more and more sellers don`t wanna sell on eBay because they are so mean to sellers. 

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

i  did check Use the out-of-stock-option

but still listing goes only 1 sold again ?? why ebay keep doin this 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

I have spoken with eBay and spent time trying to do this.  I have had no luck.  How would I go about reusing an old listing.  I want to keep buyer feedback for my transactions showing, and total quantity showing.

Thanks

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

If a listing has ended, there is no way to restore the quantity that was sold on the original listing. The only way to have a continuously growing "Sold" quantity is to have a continuously listed ("good until canceled") listing.

Now that ALL fixed price listings are automatically good until canceled, the only additional strategy needed is to implement the "Out of stock" option so that the listing stays live, rather than ending, when the quantity available hits zero.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 20 of 20
latest reply