cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Top Rated due to too many local pick ups - Need eBay help

My problem is the type of problem that should not exist. Almost three months ago I lost my Top Rated status due to too many local pick ups or in eBay words too many items with tracking not uploaded. 

I posted to the community chat last week and got response from Velvet. I wanted to post a follow up this week but the chat was topic limited. 

Below is the summary of my problem and I hope that eBay represenatives it see it and offer help. 

Hi Velvet;

Thank you for your follow up reply to my posting of last week. You suggest that “If you offer a shipping option and local pickup, and the buyer happens to select the local pickup option, then you can get that shipping metric defect removed if it's what's causing you to lose your Top Rated status.”

On July 26, 2021 I received the notice from eBay that I was no longer a Top Rated Seller due to too many items without tracking. That day, I contacted Customer Support and started the appeal process. The email from Trust and Safety said she would send an appeal to her supervisor. No reply. I sent follow up messages asking about status but no reply.

On 9/12/21, I received a message from Trust and Safety.

I sent follow up messages asking for status dated 9/28/21 and 10/10/21 but have not received any reply. 

It seems that the appeal process doesn’t work. Waiting three months for eBay to correct its error is not a practical solution. And the lack of replies by Customer Service doesn’t speak very highly of the system.

I could go on detailing how frustrating this has been but at this time I beg you to help get a response from Customer Service that will restore my Top Rated Status.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Many of us have stories on the horrid state of eBay's Customer Service. One would think with all the damage done to sellers of recent times that at least our fee's could pay for a quality Customer Service Dept that actually operates with integrity and goodwill. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Awhile back, there was discussion about the QR code and local pickups.

I don't do local pickups, but what I gathered was that the buyer of a local pickup item receives from eBay a QR code.  

When the buyer goes to pick up his item and pays, the QR code is entered into the transaction on line and that proves payment and delivery.

As mentioned, I am not that familiar with this method so maybe someone more experienced will show up and explain it better.  In your message here, you don't mention anything about QR codes so I thought maybe it was something you did not know about.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

We to had a similar situation. But it wasn't with local pick ups. Most of my smaller automotive items get shipped via fed ex, using ebays labels. We're a rather small community and can just drop off our fed ex packages at a our local Safeway grocery store. 

At first I always stood there until someone scanned them in.  And that worked well for awhile. But then last december our status changed. We had to many packages that weren't scanned in. I provided tracking (or rather tracking was instantly provided because I purchased the label via ebay), but Safeway stopped scanning them in. 

I called ebay and pointed out that it had to have been scanned somewhere along the line, by somebody. There's no way a package can make it from Washington State, to Florida, and never have gotten scanned somewhere along the line. I also told them that I didn't have a single INR, or negative feedback from the customer stating it never arrived. In fact quite the opposite, in almost every review I get, there is a comment about how fast the shipping was.

She agreed, it didn't make sense, but I got the run around about how they couldn't reverse these. I just had to wait it out, wait for them to fall off the radar, not the response I was looking for. Issue was never resolved.

I now stand there and wait for them to be scanned, and I ask them to text me confirmation it was scanned in.

Sorry this happened to you and that your getting the same run around and canned response that just about everyone gets. I hope you get your TRS back soon.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yours is not quite the same situation, but thank you for your message about the issue.

Is there no place else you can drop off your packages? Your plan to just stand there and wait til they scan is a good one, BTW.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The buyer has to pay through the app. When they do they receive a QR code and 6 digit code is mailed to them. Pickup arrangements are through the app. The seller proves delivery by scanning the code or entering the 6 digits. If somehow he screws up and fails to get the code he can ask eBay to review the pick up arrangement messages. 

Aside from that I would not list  something on eBay for a local pickup. Use a local ad and meet up at the Police Station and take cash. No eBay fee. No returns.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Just addingclarifying a couple of things:

@fab_finds4u wrote:

The buyer has to pay through the app.

Sellers can accept cash at the time of pickup and mark the transaction paid.

From the Offering local pickup help page:

"When you scan or manually enter [the QR code], the item will immediately be marked as delivered but you'll still need to mark the item as paid if you collect cash at the time of delivery."

@fab_finds4u wrote:

The seller proves delivery by scanning the code or entering the 6 digits. If somehow he screws up and fails to get the code he can ask eBay to review the pick up arrangement messages. 

From the same Offering local pickup help page:

"If you don't want to use the app, ask the buyer to sign a copy of the eBay order form at the time of pickup."

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

To call attention to an eBay rep you need to tag them. Don't hold your breath or anything, but on occasion IF they can answer a question they will pop in once tagged.

velvet@ebay

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 8
latest reply