cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving negative feedback for BUYERS

Why am I unable to leave NEGATIVE feedback for a buyer? Had a buyer purchase an item, then was a no show. Would not respond to multiple attempts to collect, even reported the unpaid item to ebay, they did not respond to that either. Yet I'm unable to leave them negative feedback, and they still have a 100% feedback rating. That is ridiculous to me. I wouldn't want to do business with someone who has those kinds of business practices. I wasted 2 weeks on that loser. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It's been like that now for over 10 years.  Bad feedback makes buyers unhappy and there is already a shortage of buyers here.  You did get your selling fees back?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Feedback is a one way street for years now. I guess buyers can do no wrong.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Sellers have not been able to give buyers negative feedback since 2008.

When it comes to buyers, it is always positive in eBay's book.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@lonestarjosh 

Sorry, but a seller hasn't been able to leave anything but positive feedback for a buyer for awhile now.

Leaving a negative comment in a positive feedback is a feedback policy violation, and the buyer could report you.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

eBay's reasoning for the lack of buyer negatives is spelled out here:

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/changes.html#o4

"Why are sellers allowed to leave only positive Feedback for buyers?

Sellers used to be able to leave negative Feedback for buyers. Unfortunately, we found that when buyers had bad experiences with sellers, they were often reluctant to leave neutral or negative Feedback out of fear that the seller would retaliate by leaving negative Feedback for them. And when buyers did receive unfair negative Feedback, they usually decreased their shopping on eBay. Overall, it became clear that the fear of retaliatory negative Feedback made it more difficult for good sellers to distinguish themselves from not-so-good sellers, and made the Feedback system as a whole less reliable."

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I can't tell from your message, so have to ask:  Are you not routinely opening unpaid item cases if 48 hours has passed without payment from the buyer? And, when you open the case, are you routinely returning to that case 96 hours later so your fees can be refunded? If not, you are contributing to your own issue.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I think it is better for you to open an unpaid item case and recover the final value fee. This is because 2 unpaid item records will reduce the buyer's benefits.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

made it more difficult for good sellers to distinguish themselves from not-so-good sellers, and made the Feedback system as a whole less reliable."

Hogwash.

You want unreliable, make it one sided with zero bad buying metrics any seller can see. Not only is buyer feedback completely useless it is by design 100% unreliable.

Feedback needs to be a two way street or just do away with it already.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

If you were not aware of the fact that sellers can only leave positive feedback then you really need to go read all of the ebay announcements and policies before listing any more items. Ebay updates their policies all the time and you are held 100% responsible for knowing the policies.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@monster-deals 

You want unreliable, make it one sided with zero bad buying metrics any seller can see. Not only is buyer feedback completely useless it is by design 100% unreliable.

Buyer feedback is useless in most cases because sellers do not choose their buyers, except when it comes to offers.

Even when negative buyer feedback was possible it did not stop bad buyers from sniping, or stop scammers from opening new accounts to wipe out all their bad feedback. Until there is a way to deal with that, negative feedback will not inconvenience the worst bidders in the slightest.

Use your buyer requirements to prevent users with more than two unpaid item strikes in the last twelve months from bidding on or buying your items. And file UIDs for those who do not pay so that those buyer requirements affect them.

Feedback needs to be a two way street or just do away with it already.

Most buyers would hesitate to buy from a zero feedback seller; without a feedback system, all sellers are effectively zero feedback sellers, and fraudulent sellers would be on an equal footing with established sellers. That might be good for scammers and sellers with poor feedback, but it is very bad for sellers with average or better than average feedback, and buyers who want to be able to distinguish good sellers from bad ones.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Because its ebay"s site and ebay's ploicy/rule

Completed unpaid item cases put a strike against buyers account which will find them blocked after 2 by the many sellers that use ebay provided block for buyers with 2 account strike in 12 months.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

"Why am I unable to leave NEGATIVE feedback for a buyer?"

Quite possibly because ebay doesn't want any buyer to have their feelings hurt, be discouraged from buying, not have their buying experience so wonderful so that they will recommend it to all their friends or have their own way with how, what, when or why they buy, pay, return or have a fun time.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

If you were not aware of the fact that sellers can only leave positive feedback then you really need to go read all of the ebay announcements and policies before listing any more items. Ebay updates their policies all the time and you are held 100% responsible for knowing the policies.

That's why i come to the boards.  Too lazy to read.  😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Use your buyer requirements to prevent users with more than two unpaid item strikes in the last twelve months from bidding on or buying your items. And file UIDs for those who do not pay so that those buyer requirements affect them.

Useless to vet bad offers.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply