cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOWBALLING ON BUY IT NOW LISTING TROLLING TREND ??????

So What’s Going on with this lowballers

Trends sending out “offers on buy it now prices” like is  garage sale on buy it now listings? Or even asking for free items??!!!!

We all know this past two years have been rough but boy doesn’t mean you have to go on ebay listing offer ridiculous prices on buy it now  listings does it?

I see I’m not alone on this same boat I have seen many other listing postings on  offer not accepted please do not contact in regards offers trades or negotiations ect  , you will be block ect  ect (even made one also for my future post)

So whats going on with this trend this past two years I get lowballing messages everyday 25-30 is insane, what blows my mind is that is member with star buying positive high feedback / we know they should know better.

This messages has help me sometimes when I reply back which I rarely do but seem to stop them:

Im sorry there must be a glitch with Ebay I don't have the 'Best Offer" checked. If for some reason it is still showing please let me know so I may contact Ebay. I always list my Items for the least possible price I can take, therefore no need to list with a BO neither accepting any “offers” .

Thank you for letting me know about the glitch, I appreciate it. Have a great day.

But every now I get a rebel cookie sending me back a response like this (they even get offended) lol :

No no there is no glitch. I just wanted to see if i can get it at a lower price or possible free merchandise. But thanks for getting back to me so quick good luck on selling

So whats with this trend??????

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Personally I been NOTICING this trend on here since there has been other selling apps 

wich allow you to negotiate /lowball  buy now items buyers-lowball-offers.jpg

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I'm a bit confused as to what you are complaining about?

Are you saying you do not have any 'best offer's on your listings yet people are still bombarding you with mail messages of offers?

Or that ebay is adding 'best offer' to your lots even though you did not put them on there?

If it's the second one, I remember several years ago that if you use the simple listing tool (can't remember what it's called exactly), that it would automatically add best offer to your lots without an option to remove it. Not sure if that has changed or not or if that is even what you're referring to.

If people are sending tons of unsolicited offers and your lots don't show 'best offer' then yea that is inappropriate. But if your lots have 'best offer' on them and you don't want it, then it's on you to correct that, not the fault of the buyers sending the offers to you.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

I've gotten lowballed on items I thought I listed low to start with.   

What I want to say: I'm not desperate or stupid enough to take your insulting offer.  Go do something anatomically impossible. 

What I actually type: There must be some mistake.  Best Offer is not enabled on this item and the price is already low.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Welcome to "The new normal".  I just block me and move on.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

@jonathankirkland Thank you for your reply back is mostly happening on the buy it now listings

@badbagerboy2021 

i belive you are right this is "The New Normal"

@evelyb30 I feel you lol wish i could reply what i really feel when i get insulting lowballers messages

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@spaceibixa wrote:

@jonathankirkland Thank you for your reply back is mostly happening on the buy it now listings

@badbagerboy2021 

i belive you are right this is "The New Normal"

@evelyb30 I feel you lol wish i could reply what i really feel when i get insulting lowballers messages

Okay I checked and if you are referring to the listings on this account you're posting from it appears that your buy nows do not have best offer on them.

I can understand then being upset that you're getting so many offers unsolicited.

The reality is though, ebay has fostered this type of behavior from buyers and pretty much encouraged it in order to produce faster sales = more & faster profit for ebays bottom line. They consider it 'everyone wins' since the buyer gets an item faster, the seller sells the item and ebay makes profit too. But obviously that isn't the case for sellers who are not interested in taking offers.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

EBay used to only allow Offers if the Seller added them.

A year or so ago, they dropped that, and buyers can Offer on any listing.

Your best defense is, when listing, enable Best Offer -- DON'T PANIC!-- and then add the lowest price you would consider.
If your item is priced at $9.99, and your lowest parameter is $9.98, any Offer at or below $9.98 will automatically get a polite refusal.

You will never see the Offer.

You can also set an automatic acceptance parameter, but this doesn't seem to be what you want.

As for lowballs, you can accept, decline, counter-offer or ignore any offer.

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

So whats going on with this trend this past two years

I suspect you are only noticing it lately because it only started happening to you lately. But this "trend" has been reported regularly on this board for a decade or more. 

Im sorry there must be a glitch with Ebay I don't have the 'Best Offer" checked.

Best Offer is available on every listing - and is encouraged by eBay - even when it has not been enabled. Whenever you click "Ask the seller a question". one of the options is "Make an offer".

what blows my mind is that is member with star buying positive high feedback / we know they should know better.

Should know "better" than what? Make an offer (a) only takes a second; (b) has virtually no consequences; and (c) is encouraged and enabled by eBay.

P.S. if a long-time eBay member is doing it, then my guess is that it has probably worked for him.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

your buy nows do not have best offer on them.

That may be true, but eBay still encourages buyers to make offers!

zzz1.png

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

I opened my first retail store in the mid-70's, on the first day I had two customers, on the second day I had three customers, one of them wanted to "negotiate".

I started on eBay in 1999, before I had sold a single thing I had offers from buyers that were too low (in my mind).

Most people on eBay think of it as dealing with an individual sellers not a corporate set up where price negotiations are basically impossible. eBay a few steps up from Craigslist or a garage sale where negotiating is the norm.

I know very little about Disney stuff but your prices seem to be fairly high, maybe not crazy high but high enough that attract a lot of offers. I almost never get offers from buyers because I price near (not at) the bottom of the market for like items in similar condition and the items I list are generally only available from a couple of other sellers at most.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

You can use eBay's mania for "Best Offers" to your advantage, whether you list with auction or BIN.

1> In the Selling Details section of the listing form click on the Best Offer click box

2> Just below that you will see two click boxes marked "Automatically accept offers of at least" and "Automatically decline offers lower than"

3> Click both these boxes and enter your lowest acceptable price in both

Now if a buyer makes a lowball offer, it gets automatically rejected and you will never get a notice or email. If the buyer makes an offer equal or higher than your lowest price, it will get accepted and the item will close the same way as if the buyer did a BIN. And you don't have to be bothered with all the back-and-forth offers and eBay can't sneak in a BO without your knowledge. You might even get lucky as has happened to me now and then and the BO will be above your lowest price. I list auctions only but it works fine for me. It still can't stop nagging emails from problematic buyers, but that's what your BBL is for.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

What is a "lowball" offer?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

I do not get lowball offers because I use eBay system. There is a tool to accept or decline a certain offer. Simple as that. Buyers can offer anything they want. No worries to me, items mine until it's theirs.

It's their money, they can make any offer that is comfortable to them.

If they sent a message, I do not get into it. I just advise to make an offer using the eBay system. 

Good luck.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply