cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

EBAY show that my listing impressions is  -4.0%. I don't understand how I can improve that. All/most of my inventory of saleable items are all ready listed. I have read that one should relist some items after changing the title of their listings somewhat so that they come up on the top of the listing every month. My titles are very clear as to what I am selling within the parameters allowed in the title section.  As far as I can see the only way to change my titles is to "dummy them" down a bit which doesn't make sense to me. I sell primarily baseball cards and comic books. I don't see how I can improve on my titles.  I would appreciate any advice you can give me. Donn

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

If you click the little "i" next to Impressions you will see this

slippinjimmy_0-1679273556485.png

Anytime a buyer views a page that includes your item that is an Impression, if they click through to the listing page itself that is that is a "view".

The views vs impressions give you a click-through rate.

The Conversion rate is the percentage of views that result in a Sale.

None of the number given on the Traffic page are that meaningful on their own, it's the combination of Impressions, Views and Sales that are meaningful.

Increased Impressions mean that more buyer are shown your listing.

A higher click-thru means more of those impressions lead to a buyer viewing the listing page.

A higher conversion rate means more viewers turn into actual buyers.

You can use a ton of keyword spamming that will get you lots of impressions but very few Views. On the other hand you can have a low number for impressions but a high View rate, this would mean that you are doing a good job of targeting.

While eBay's Traffic reports are an immense improvement over the previous information they provided (basically just page views) there are other factors they do not provide that would make analysis of the numbers more meaningful.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

Maybe you're over thinking things.   a 4% drop in impressions.  

As a Ball card seller,    What %% or your customers are right this minute watching 

the NCAA BB tournament?    

I know that year in and year out I'll see a drop in sales and traffic thanks to March madness.

My hits are down 18.9%   and sales are off about the same.    

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

For your clothing, put the brand name at the front of your title, what it is, size and colour, then special characteristics.  Get rid of asterisks and other special characters as well as the caps.  No help on the other things, but you've got some great sports stuff!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

Not sure if this would make a difference, but I find all caps in a title more difficult to skim read and would tend to scroll past those listings. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

Second question - What are the impressions % OF? % of sales, % of listings, % of look sees? What?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

Those impressions change daily.

They are based on the previous 30 days.

So today from February 17 to March 19 . Tomorrow from Feb 18 to March 20.

Also every View, every Impression, and every Watcher, is someone who did not buy.

When you upload pictures, there is a little pencil in the upper left corner. That is the "edit" link. With that you can use the circley arrowy thing (note precise professional jargon) to turn the picture the right way up.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

% of what?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

If you click the little "i" next to Impressions you will see this

slippinjimmy_0-1679273556485.png

Anytime a buyer views a page that includes your item that is an Impression, if they click through to the listing page itself that is that is a "view".

The views vs impressions give you a click-through rate.

The Conversion rate is the percentage of views that result in a Sale.

None of the number given on the Traffic page are that meaningful on their own, it's the combination of Impressions, Views and Sales that are meaningful.

Increased Impressions mean that more buyer are shown your listing.

A higher click-thru means more of those impressions lead to a buyer viewing the listing page.

A higher conversion rate means more viewers turn into actual buyers.

You can use a ton of keyword spamming that will get you lots of impressions but very few Views. On the other hand you can have a low number for impressions but a high View rate, this would mean that you are doing a good job of targeting.

While eBay's Traffic reports are an immense improvement over the previous information they provided (basically just page views) there are other factors they do not provide that would make analysis of the numbers more meaningful.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

@micromos 

You get an "impression" each time your item is in the "search" of someone looking.

"Impressions" lets you know that the listing was not hidden.

Your %age  up or down is a %age comparison of the previous time period..........

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

LISTING IMPRESSIONS

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@micromos 

You get an "impression" each time your item is in the "search" of someone looking.

"Impressions" lets you know that the listing was not hidden.

Your %age  up or down is a %age comparison of the previous time period..........

Just to add on, Impressions can come from a search results page, your listing shown on other sellers listing pages,  marketing emails sent by eBay, sidebar placement like "other users also viewed" etc.

As eBay states, it's any time a user is "one click away" from your listing page.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply