cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Shipping Taken Out Of Payout But Funds Still Held

Ok maybe I'm just dumb but is it normal for ebay to take the shipping of an item that they are still holding the funds for from my payout of other items? If it is then what happens when the items whos funds are still being held does finally get released?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EBAY immediately deducts "selling fees + shipping" and balance is deposited into your checking 3-5 days AFTER purchase.   Shipping money is "held for you" so when you print label you will have fund available.  If you are a new seller funds can be held 30 days.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@mushroomlanevintage wrote:

Ok maybe I'm just dumb but is it normal for ebay to take the shipping of an item that they are still holding the funds for from my payout of other items? If it is then what happens when the items whos funds are still being held does finally get released?

Although you have immediate use of the funds to purchase a shipping label, as a new seller, your other funds are held for 30 days. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you have avaliable funds, they'll take shipping charges out of those first, if not, they'll use the pending funds.

If they use the avaliable funds to pay the shipping, when the held funds are released, you'll get the full amount.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply