cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Removed by VeRO Parallel Import Policy

I had an item removed because it was mistaken for real nail polish. (Which you cannot export and I already know this.) 

However it was not real nail polish. It was a toy with no real nail polish at all.
224141049748 - MiWorld OPI Gel Color Set Nail Polish Collector Pack - 10 Piece NEW!!

MiWorld is mini doll items that are all plastic and stickers. That's it. However now the item has been removed and I can't relist it for fear that I will be suspended when it is not an item that should have been removed.

I have never had this happen during my long tenure with ebay so I am wondering if there is anyway to correct this or am I just screwed now and I can't sell this item?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Were you offering international shipping? I could be wrong, but I think you'd be able to relist with US shipping only. And adjust your title:

MiWorld OPI Gel Nail Color Set for Dolls Toy Collector Pack 10 Piece

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@rdksystemservices wrote:

I had an item removed because it was mistaken for real nail polish. (Which you cannot export and I already know this.) 
However it was not real nail polish. It was a toy with no real nail polish at all.
224141049748 - MiWorld OPI Gel Color Set Nail Polish Collector Pack - 10 Piece NEW!!

If you knew that nail polish was not allowed, then why in the world would you put the words Nail Polish in the listing title? 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Do not relist until the matter is resolved.

Are you sure this was a VeRO take down and not a policy violation?

What exactly did the VeRO notice say was the reason?

Did you respond to the VeRO member?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Were you offering international shipping? I could be wrong, but I think you'd be able to relist with US shipping only. And adjust your title:

MiWorld OPI Gel Nail Color Set for Dolls Toy Collector Pack 10 Piece

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If it was a Vero Parallel Import notice it was not taken down just because it was thought to be nail  polish.  Those notices usually mean the item can not be sold in certain countries because the rights holder hasn’t given permission for that particular product to be sold there. If OPI nail polish can’t be sold overseas  It’s possible that all OPI products have the same restrictions.  There might be a different rights holder in those  countries.

Does the notice say anything about being able to list agsin if you only offer domestic shipping? 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Because that is the name of the collector pack and what people would search for to find this little collector pack.  But thank you for your reply.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

Here is the reason for the removal:

- Your listing was reported by Coty Beauty Germany GmbH for offering shipping into the EU (European Union) or EEA (European Economic Area) without their permission. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property rights owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights
- Importing certain products from other countries into the EU or EEA without the rights owner’s permission may violate their intellectual property rights. You must exclude shipping to the EU and EEA, and let buyers know they will not ship to these areas
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the right’s owner approves you appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)
You can send an email to:
Ebay_Veri@cotyinc.com

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

Yes I believe that if I alter it to only be listed in the US that this will be the solution to this issue.

Thank you kindly for the helpful reply.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes, from the VeRO notice, and as posted by others, the problem is having international shipping.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply