cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this encouraging illegal activity?

I put a listing up for a Western Electric payphone vault door with key and a couple days later it was removed for "encouraging illegal activity." I have called eBay three different times, spending around two hours arguing with the CS rep. The third time I seemed to have reached a resolution, with the CS rep telling me that the removal would be reversed within 24 hours. I wasn't very surprised when the 24 hours were up and no resolution reached! It's been a week and a half and still nothing. How can I reach someone at eBay with more than two brain cells who can understand that an antique payphone vault door can do absolutely nothing but be used to restore an old payphone? These people are trying to say that this phone part can be used to open utility boxes or some such nonsense?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can put every employee at eBay together and still not get the two brain cells. These people are just Clueless. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

"How can I reach someone at eBay with more than two brain cells....."

I'm sorry.  I'm gonna need some clarity.  Is that just ONE person you're looking for, TWO people totaling two (would assume 1 each), or would this be of the conference call into, say, an ebay exec/managerial type board meeting, with perhaps a dozen folks?

Maybe you could take a clue from some recent vape flavored extract sellers, describe your item as phone "juice", and post purty pics of cupcakes and egg nog!!!

I know.  I ramble.  But, to attempt to make ANY sense of what ebay does is akin to wrasslin' with a pig in the mud.  Only, the pig enjoys it!!!

I know not much help.  Maybe a bit of a smirk?  

Good luck!!!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply