cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to get a wrong item received return overturned

If the buyer lies to get a free return, if they say the wrong item was received even through it was the right item? does eBay overturn these cases if you can  prove it, or do you just bite the bullet? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

How are you going to prove it?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You can force them to return... but they likely actually have that wrong item (and this was a planned heist)  and will just send it to you -- and you'll pay the shipping cost. Or they'll send you a brick.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Well they were a pair of boots size 10.5 wide, buyer is saying they were 10 m, can I just send picture of tag when I get the return? I know I had only one pair of these boots in my stock and I always take pictures of the tag in my listings and I always double check before I ship. But I don’t know if that’s  proof or not.  I guess you can’t just send the picture of the tag to eBay after I get the return.  I guess it’s a bite  the bullet

type of ordeal. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Btw I asked the buyer to send a picture of the tag to me, he hasn’t responded, the return was automatically approved. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

They’ll send me a brick lol?wow and if they do no help from eBay? 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@soleman5000 wrote:

Well they were a pair of boots size 10.5 wide, buyer is saying they were 10 m, can I just send picture of tag when I get the return. I know I had only one pair of these boots in my stock and I always take pictures of the tag in my listings and I always double check before I ship. But I don’t of that’s  proof or not.  I guess you can’t just send the picture of the tag to eBay after I get the return.  I guess it’s a bite  the bullet

type of ordeal. 

eBay is not likely to accept that as proof.  It is a he said/she said deal.

eBay will go with what the buyer says.

Best you can hope for is that you get your item back.

You can appeal after you refund. eBay will sometimes refund the return postage cost.

If they send back the original correct item, or send you something they already had, be sure to report the buyer after the return for abusing the MBG.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

How are you going to prove it?

I'll bite

How about beyond a reasonable doubt, when you interact with a reasonable csr .

That may work, or maybe not

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

So you’re telling me if I’m telling the truth and he’s not, there’s nothing can be done, even if he sends back a

rock or a different item completely. Nice safeguard eBay has there. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@soleman5000 wrote:

Well they were a pair of boots size 10.5 wide, buyer is saying they were 10 m, can I just send picture of tag when I get the return? I know I had only one pair of these boots in my stock and I always take pictures of the tag in my listings and I always double check before I ship. But I don’t know if that’s  proof or not.  I guess you can’t just send the picture of the tag to eBay after I get the return.  I guess it’s a bite  the bullet

type of ordeal. 

I can see the size 10.5 D  in your listing pics.   Is he saying they're marked 10M?  or that they FIT more like 10 M?

If he's saying they're marked 10M, you could try what I've done in the past - pointed out to the buyer that I included a picture of the size tag in the listing and innocently ask:

Thanks for letting me know about this problem.  I'm sorry to hear that the boots are unsatisfactory.

In my listing I just provided a picture showing the size 10 1/2 D.  I didn't photograph the other boot's size stamp - would you mind checking the size stamps on both boots, in case I inadvertently sent you one in 10 1/2 D and the other in 10 M?   

If that's what I did, could you please send me a picture of each showing this?  I will want to contact my consignor to let him know and ask him whether he has the opposite mismatched pair.  

Thanks!

When I did this kind of thing in the past, suddenly it was crickets and I never heard back from the buyer nor received the item back.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Lol  I asked him to send me pics of the tags, so far it has been crickets. Honest buyers who have honest returns always answer right away. It’s been 5 hours with his guy. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@soleman5000 wrote:

Lol  I asked him to send me pics of the tags, so far it has been crickets. Honest buyers who have honest returns always answer right away. It’s been 5 hours with his guy. 

5 hours?  That's not really a long time, IMO.  If you've been getting faster replies, you have been really lucky.  Some of my buyers, even honest ones, have taken a couple of days to answer.

The reason I couch my request for pics the way I do, is because it comes off less as mistrustful seller and more as 'won't you help me out? I have an upstream consignor and this is a problem!'

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Answer is BIG NO.

Never argue with a customer, if they are dishonest, ebay will stop them.

Sometimes when I have another same item, I always ask the customer if they want a replacement, if they say no, then I know it's a remorse return and I add them to my favorite customer list.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply